The Craimar
Alumhurst Hotel(Blackpool)
Melville Hotel(Blackpool)
Oak Lea Hotel(Blackpool)
1,370 results
All reviewscraig and paulab bpool tablecoral islandnext yearmini fridgecentral locationfeel very welcomeexcellent hostsfull englishnothing is too much troubleblackpool towerbar area islittle extrasa great stayfew minutes walkbreakfast was excellent
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from The Craimar hotel after a 2 night break with my partner. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and was really impressed with Paula and Craig's hotel. The whole place is modern and very clean. Although our room was small, the space was used perfectly. There was plenty of space to hang our clothes. It was really warm in the room but there was a humidifier which blew cool air. There was plenty of tea,coffee,hot choc,latte and biscuits and even a little bowl with mints in. Even the little touches like cotton buds and cotton wool in the bathroom and the huge soft bath towels make this hotel a fantastic place to stay. We were so impressed that we booked to come again next month.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Angie L
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I stayed at the Craimar with my dad for 1 night twin room as we were seeing some friends who have a caravan near Blackpool,
My dad is 80 and has to use a walker(rollater to move around),and on arrival we were met by Craig who immediately put my dad at ease by being so helpful and friendly i knew straight away we had picked a good hotel.
The booking in process took no time at all and we were shown and dad assisted up to room 3 (ideal for my dad only a flight of stairs away)by Craig again a nice gesture as we were allowed to leave his walker downstairs .
On arrival to the room we both commented on how lovely and clean the room and was fully stocked with tea coffee hot choc and a nice touch couple of packs of biscuits.
The hotel has a nice modern style bar with a good size tv screen and what looks a well stocked bar and is ample for the size of the hotel,we didnt actually have a drink there as we were seeing our friends but the prices that were well advertised looked very fair for a hotel.
Next morning we had breakfast the usual cereals juice coffee etc we only had the full breakfast with toast but it was all we needed as it was very good indeed plenty of it and very tasty.
You can see all round the hotel that Craig and Paula take a lot of pride in the presentation of all aspects of the hotel and i have taken some cards to reccomend them to family and friends alike,i have only met them once but they are very friendly and care abour their customers .
I/WE will definatley back again this yearfor 2 nights at least this time so i can have a chance to try out the bar and have a chat with them.Thanks again from us both for helping to make our stay in blackpool so good and look forward to seeing you again soon

Room Tip: first floor rooms are great for those who need assistance
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank rhinoandy
Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights with our 2 young children. We had so much stuff that it was a bit of a squeeze in the room however the room itself was really well laid out. Having an en suite is a massive bonus when traveling with kids. Breakfast was fab both mornings. Lots to choose from. The owners were really lovely and obviously put a lot pride into their business and home. Cleanliness wise it was top notch! Location was perfect...right at the back of coral island and 2mins walk from the beach. Would 100% recommend this place.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lindsey G
Reviewed May 19, 2014

A very warm welcome awaited us as we arrived. Told we had room 7 which from reading other reviews was up lots of steps, this was no problem as Paula gave us room 2 instead only 1 flight of steps. We were given a detailed map to a secure car park at only £5 per night good value indeed. The whole hotel was lovely and clean. Great bar area (but don't believe Craig if he tells you hes nipping out for 2 minuets lol). In the dining room you can actually see them cooking breakfast which is very good, and the breakfast was excellent too sets you up for the day. The room was a little on the small side, but again very clean and the bed was very comfy you even get 2 pillows. Both Craig and Paula are excellent hosts nothing too small for them and extremely friendly. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel too anyone.
Thanks for a lovely weekend both of you will return again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Terry G
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stayed at the Craimar with my Boyfriend for 3 nights as a birthday celebration. When we arrived we were given out room key with no hassle at all. We were given a complimentary bottle of champagne in the room as it was my birthday! This was a lovely personal touch. When we met Craig and Paula they were lovely, they remembered our names and remembered what we liked and didn't like for breakfast every morning. The accommodation itself was immaculate I couldn't fault it the rooms were cleaned and restocked everyday and nothing was too much hassle for Craig and Paula. The B&B was accessible at any time of day or night as we were given keys for the 2 front doors. We were very central and the main attractions were only a short distance away (tower, coral island, houndshill and pubs and clubs) we were also close to the tram stops which made our journey to the pleasure beach quick and easy. I would definitely recommend this B&B to all my family and friends and I am so glad I found this hidden gem! I will not be going anywhere else in blackpool to stay again. Absolutely delighted with my choice.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple