“Weekend break” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #294 of 913 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Durham, England, United Kingdom
“Weekend break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Thanks for a fab weekend comfy beds soft towels white than white sheets first class breakfast staff are so friendly stayed lots of times Alan is first class recomend your hotel to all with in easy reach shops night life the front and tower Kay Bernie

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hartlepool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

Just returned from our 'Funny Girls' weekend trip to Blackpool. Stayed at the Lanayr Hotel for two nights where we received a lovely welcome from Alan and would recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys a good breakfast.
Funny Girls was great too!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Blackpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

I ended up Stopping at the Lanayr Hotel after having an argument with my girl friend it was 10 O'clock at night and after stopping at god knows how many hotels and being turned away for being a single person i found my self at The Lanayr Alan the owner came to the door and welcomed me in and showed me a kindness that was needed as i was starting to feel deflated. The room was excellent and service second to none and i should know as living with the girlfriend i have i was constantly walking about looking for hotels for the night. know i will be seeing you again soon Alan thanks mate. :-)

Room Tip: From what i have seen all rooms are excellent
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

hi Alan sorry its been a while glad to see you better than you were, me and my mate had a great time staying, loved staying here, not one fault, meals were great, everything was good i should certainly recomend your hotel to people best wishes from Emma and Linda

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Whitehaven, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

never again.Be warned when you book this hotel by phone, do not give your card details. they take the full money out. then have the cheek to ask for it again when you get there.after 3 phone calls to the hotel was told it would be paid back into my account within 2 days, no it wasn't..Went into my bank eventually.two months later money refunded.been at this hotel 3 times but I would never go back. maureen

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 83maureen
UK
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I had a reunion to attend in Blackpool and chose this hotel because it had good reviews and that it had a free car park.

We were allowed to check in early which was great as we could go into Blackpool earlier.Alan had explained to us that he was fully booked - he was nice and friendly. We were given our room key and went to the room. We just put our bags into the room and went out.

When we came back - it was quite late, this is when I noticed how bad the room was. There was a hole in the wall by the door, plug socket hanging of the wall, that didn't look safe.Wallpaper and paint missing by the door and mold in the bathroom. Not great when your husband has asthma.The bathroom was so small too. You had to either turn to the side or open that bathroom door to rinse your teeth as there wasn't much room. The shower was so small, hardly any room to shower and the shower curtain kept sticking to me, plus the shower fitment kept coming of the wall.Woke up with backache as I could feel each spring in the mattress!! There was a padded mattress cover on the bed, didn't work though. The room was grim and needed a thorough clean.

I now regret checking in early as I may have had a better room - but I will never know now!!

The cooked breakfast was ok, had a lot better though.Got told off for sitting at the wrong table - although the breakfast staff said we could sit there!! Tables are located to rooms, someone else was on our table.Lots of choice for breakfast though - catered for everyone which is good!!Lots of different cereals, fruit, fruit juice's, yoghurt, cooked breakfast and toast with tea or coffee.

As I was checking out on Sunday morning, I handed back my room key and Alan said 'Oh you had room**! He said that he was having 3 rooms refurbished as they needed it - your not kidding!!! I have never stayed in such a bad room!! I don't think my reservation was checked as Alan would have noticed that I work in the travel industry! Not that I expect a better room, but that room was just so bad.He shouldn't sell this room until its been refurbished - that's my opinion anyway!!

Alan must be doing something right as there are so many thank you cards around the hotel.The hotel was ok and the location was a bit far out, but it didn't bother me.I just got a terrible room and I won't be staying there again.

I complained to the tour operator who I booked it through, showed them the photo's I had taken and I received a full refund.

If you happen to lucky and get a refurbished room, then you should have a nice stay. I wasn't so lucky!!.

Room Tip: Hope you have a better room than I did!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank wiganlass
west yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

Have just had A FANTASTIC break at this hotel very central lovely and clean i took my 83 year old mother, Alan was very welcoming had a lift which was very useful. the breakfast was to die for everything you could want ,the staff were very pleasant , plenty of parking front and back will be back Thank you once again Sue and Min x

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family