“very poor experience over Christmas”
Review of Lanayr Hotel

Lanayr Hotel
Ranked #233 of 864 Blackpool B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Although it would be hard to fault our barman this is all i find to recomend this hotel.We had an extremly small room clean i must admit but out dated.To say the food was poor i think would not be doing the frozen food industry justice.If you like fresh cook frozen food this is the place for you.Any body in the bar during the day was hit and miss and at one point the even ran out of beer.We will not be going again.

1  Thank michael d

Reviewed December 30, 2011

I found this hotel to be a mixed bag.On the plus side I had no problem with my room I was placed in a twin room on my own so there was plenty of space.The staff were all great apart from Alan the manager.I found the location to be right at the heart of Blackpool so just about perfect.However on the negative side Alan was about as much use as a chocolate fireman.Whilst we were there a woman fell through her chair at dinner, Alan tried to place the blame on her.The fact of the matter was the chair was fault & everyone in the dinning room knew it.Somebody else got stuck in the lift for ten minutes & was just ignored.The christmas dinner & the rest of the meals were very poor.I had to purchase a packet of Rennies on Boxing Day.Also the double room that my dad & his partner stayed in was smaller than my twin room by quite a lot.I will be going elsewhere if I go to Blackpool again.

1  Thank Ben D
Reviewed December 29, 2011

we were a group of 4, we stayed for the xmas very warm welcome from all the staff, Alan very nice and welcoming. We were entertained for all 3 nights nothing too much trouble for any of the staff.Keith barman,waiter. Bob, a delight . we met some wonderful people and we will be returning with the crowd we met whilst we were there.Ameneties very close by, lift to all the floors. Try not to drink the bar dry..... Definitetly recommend.
Well done to all the staff for making our stay fabulous.
Thanks lincs .

Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed 4 of us for two nights and were joined by 4 more friends on the second night. We all enjoyed the stay, very clean rooms and an excellent breakfast. Bash the Barman come waiter made us feel very welcome. Great location for town, definitely to be recommended.
Pete, Annie, Mick, Marion, Andrew, Zoe, Frank and Rebecca.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 3, 2011

we arrived on fri afternoon,,, our booking didnt include breakfast but it was not a problem for us,,, very near to town,rooms were clean and comfortable,,always had hot water,, everyone was exceptionally friendly ,, nothing was a problem for them,on hand at all times, our only dissapointment was that it had a dance floor and a bar ,,but when you came in from a night out it was closed,, other guests had arrived by 11.30 to find the bar locked up so we couldnt socialise with the other guests we sat out side on the steps to converse... but overall we had a great time ,want to go back maybe for a bit longer...will be booking again..x

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2011

WE stayed for 4 nights - friendly place, great room - spacious, and good breakfast too. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Looked at the reviews on line and overall had good reviews, However, they were over-rated, for me this hotel needs an update in all areas and basic room maintenance needs attention.

Whilst I appreciate that guest houses do not have a reception, I would hope that first impressions would mean something, regretably not here. I do not appreciate someone answering the door, looking like they have just got up after a sleep on the couch. On arrival the foyer had an awful smell and I appreciate what you pay is what you get I would expect bathroom shelving to be level, grouting to be mould free and have hot water available.

Most of the guests seemed to be on a bed and breakfast basis. Full breakfast needs attention, I was the first in for breakfast and the bacon was like leather. (It takes very little time to grill/ bacon to order).

All I can say is a good location for walking distance to town centre.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo