We spent a wonderful two nights at Wheatland Lodge which was booked as a surprise birthday treat. Richard and Yvonne were excellent hosts. For breakfast we had full English on day 1 which was superb. Day 2 I had the smoked salmon which is sourced from Scotland, it was delicious and not to be missed. We were lucky enough to have fantastic weather and enjoyed spending a wonderful day on Lake Windermere stopping off at Wray Castle, Brockhole and Ambleside finishing with an Island tour. We dined at Roberto's in Bowness which was excellent value and Lazy Daisy's in Windermere which was well recommended by Yvonne. Local transport was excellent and we used the bus to visit Grasmere. We would certainly recommend Wheatlands Lodge if you are looking for excellent service in a convenient location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wheatlands Lodge is 5 star Bed and Breakfast situated in the centre of Windermere on a quiet road just off the main road fro Windermere to Bowness. All our rooms are en-suite . Windermere is a 20 minute walk from the Lake. We are 5 minutes away from Windermere station . Our breakfasts are homemade using the highest quality ingredients available. We make all our own bread , yoghurt ,mueslis, jams and award winning marmalades. Fresh tea or coffee and homemade cakes are offered on arrival. Free Wifi is available throughout the house. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wheatlands Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wheatlands Hotel Windermere
- Wheatlands Lodge Windermere, Lake District