“Great food, lovely staff”

The Lamplighter Dining Rooms
Ranked #11 of 80 Restaurants in Windermere
Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 17, 2012

We ate there this week and had a lovely time! We had the bread and oil platter to start which was fab- the bread was so so fresh!! I had the wild boat burger which was yummy! The chips were just fabulous! My husband had scampi and it was mega!! Finally scampi from a pub that doesn't taste of water! The staff were lovely! We went early and it was mega quiet but lovely to have a nice big meal infront of the fire!!
Would def recommend!!

JDTasker, Owner at The Lamplighter Dining Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Nicola L ,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences whilst at The Lamplighter with the trip advisor community.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the dishes ordered and that the quality of the produce that we serve was clearly evident in the dishes. We can only hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

James & The Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed December 7, 2012

Visited on a Monday night and there were only a few tables occuppied. The dining room is very pleasant and well laid out. The service was good. The food was to a very good standard and of a good portion size. I had the starter of fishcakes, of which there were 3 and would have sufficed as a main course, as would the wifes starter of crepe with Mushroom. Couldn'f fault any aspect of the food or service. The only small downside for me was a lack of somewhere to hang your coat. As the weather was very wet and we had to sit with wet coats on seat backs.

JDTasker, Owner at The Lamplighter Dining Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

Dear barlow832,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experiences whilst at The Lamplighter. I was of course delighted to read that you greatly enjoyed your meal and also appreciated the wonderful levels of customer service for which we are renowned throughout the area. I would however apologise for your point with regards to coats as we do have this facility and I am sorry that you were not made aware of this especially in light of the weather.

Thank you once again and we very much hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

James

Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

My family and I visited this resturant whilst staying in windamere . We cannot fault the food or the service . The portions are generous and food beautiful. With each adult paying for a main meal , you get a free child's meal from a selection of approx 5 meals . My daughter is 19 months old and I expected a portion appropriate for her size , but we got a portion size that would be suitable for a much older child which I certainly would not complain about and again my daughters meal was excellent . As the other reviews say the fish and chips are the best! I cannot recommend this resturant enough and can assure you , that you will not be disappointed .

Dear towny,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences whilst at The Lamplighter on Trip Advisor. I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and experienced the high levels of service and quality of food for which we are renowned.

We greatly hope that you will be returning to Windermere soon and that we will be able to welcome you back to The Lamplighter at this time.

Very best wishes

Reviewed November 25, 2012

We have just got back from a weekend away at White cross bay, and looked on trip advisor for some ideas on where to eat out an after reading reviews of local restaurants we thought we would give this one a try and I am so glad we did. The food was amazing!!
I had fish n chips and it was delicious, the fish was more like a whale - very generous portion sizes. The chips are homemade fat chunky delicious chips. My partner had pork loin with vegetables and he said it was very good too. The restaurant had an offer on where children eat free before 6.30 so my little boy (19 months) had sausage and mash for free and from the way the plate was pretty much empty at the end I gather he thought it was tasty too. Highly recommend this restaurant and if we are returning to the lakes in the future I will definitely be wanting to go to this restaurant again.

1  Thank Jlea002

Dear Jlea002,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experiences of The Lamplighter with the trip advisor community. I was delighted to read that you all enjoyed your meals, including your daughter. The Fish & Chips are our signature dish so have to be spot on and there are not many that can finish them.

Thank you once again and we very much hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to The Lamplighter in the very near future.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Having had lunch at Jamie's Italian in Shepherd's Bush, dinner at the Lamplighter blew it out of the water, but what really made the difference was the service.

A truly excellent experience and whilst the main meals were sublime, the Sticky Toffee Pudding was warm and gooey in a Cumbrian accent which sent us wild.

Dear LordManley,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on The Lamplighter. What can I say other than thank you. I am delighted that we surpassed your expectations and that you should emulate us above such a prestigious restaurant. That aside it is fabulous that you enjoyed your time with us from the dishes that you ordered to the service and I can only hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the very near future.

Best wishes