“A treat!”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I can wholeheartedly recommend the food at the Lamplighter. Absolutely delicious! Top quality, generous portions and reasonably priced. And such friendly service. Next time I'm in the area, The Lamplighter is on my list.

1  Thank Nittynik

Reviewed October 28, 2012

My parents have been raving about the Lamplighter for years and I can't believe it's taken us this long to try it for ourselves. The meal was perfect with a fabulous wine and whiskey selection topped off with a great dessert menu and perfect attentive service.
Very very impressed and will definitely be returning

1  Thank Danielle M
Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our meal so much last time that after organising a day out in the lakes I decided to book a table for 7 of us this time,the food was lovely as it has been every time we've been and we are so pleased we chose to dine here again,staff we're as helpfully and friendly as ever,thanks for a nice evening.

1  Thank mario187069
Reviewed October 26, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed dinner and drinks in this Inn's restaurant. Seems very popular and was recommended by another hotel. Excellent fish and chips and scampi and chips - especially for a restaurant that is not known as "a Chippy".

Reviewed October 25, 2012

We cannot fault the hotel. The owner personally welcomed us on arrival and took us to our room, which was clean, light and airy with a view that looked down the main street. The bathroom was large with two wash basins.The food was out of this world, The lamb on mushroom and black pudding mash was the best meal we have ever had. All the staff were polite, efficient and well mannered. They were more than happy to go the extra mile. We will definately be staying at the Lamplighter again. Highly recommended.