“Excellent B&B accommodation”

Ravenscroft Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Windermere
Ravenscroft Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #89 of 107 Windermere B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Small friendly hotel with great attention to detail and situated midway between Windermere and Bowness (approx 10 min walk to each). We chose the de-lux room No. 1 which was spacious and beautifully decorated with a very comfortable bed and a small lounge area. The breakfast was excellent with a great choice of food.
Jackie the hostess was very friendly and helpful. It was our Pearl Wedding Anniversary and my daughter asked for champagne and chocolates in the room which Jackie was only too happy to arrange.
I don't believe in boring you with too much detail, but will conclude by saying that I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Ravenscroft Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed September 1, 2010

I took my Mum away for a birthday treat for one night and I couldn't have picked a better B&B!
Their website looked great, but I telephoned to make the booking and I spoke to the owner Jackie who immediately made me feel at ease and I just couldn't wait to stay after that.
It was very easy to find both with Sat Nav, but the manual instructions I had jotted down would have led me to it perfectly, as it is easily signposted.
Parking is available at the rear of the property and access is via the next door neighbours car park (left hand side)
Upon arrival we were greeted warmly and showed to our beautiful room. We stayed in Room 3, which has 2 large windows which bathed the the room in light. The decor was simple but well thought out and the bed was very comfortable indeed with lots of blankets and cushions.
The tea tray had plenty of tea bags and coffee sachets and there were a good selection of quality biscuits, along with 2 of the delicious white Ferrero Roche Coconut Chocolates (which are incidentally my favourites!)
We didn't need to use the tea tray straight away as Jackie offered to make us some tea and biscuits, which we took outside on the patio, which was a lovely start to the break!
It is ideally situated between the villages of Windermere and Bowness, it is about a 10 minute walk to both in opposite directions, which we found perfect as it gave us a chance to walk off the copious amounts of food we consumed in the villages!
The breakfast was delicious and there was a choice of many options, including Pancakes with fruit, greek yoghurt and honey, but we both opted for the Full English, as it is not something I cook myself at home and therefore a treat.
I would definitely return, as the area and scenery is breathtaking and also the accommodation was so relaxing, clean and beautiful.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed August 24, 2010

A super B&B in a good location. The room we stayed in was really lovely, clean and cosy. The host was extremely helpful, even arranging accomodation elsewhere when we extended our stay in windemere. The breakfast is generous and tasty.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2010

my husband and i recently enjoyed a lovely, relaxing 2 night break at ravenscroft. Jackie made us very welcome in the spotlessly clean and tasteful b and b. we look forward to returning to ravenscroft in the future.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We spent one night in this B&B after booking it directly in the tourist office in Windermeere. The room was in the English style decorated and everything, including the bathroom, was very clean. It´s well located, ten minutes walk from the Windermere lake and from all shops and restaurants. The breakfast was simply excellent.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2010

My husband and I returned home today following a wonderful mid week break at the Ravenscroft. We could not fault our stay and would highly recommend a visit. Situated a 10 minute walk from Windermere and Bowness, the Ravenscroft is an ideal base for visiting the Lake District. The whole house is spotless and the rooms are immaculately decorated. It is obvious that a great deal of care and thought goes into the running of this B & B. Jackie is a very lovely, friendly lady who is an outstanding cook and a fantastic host. Having stayed in the Lake District only once prior to this visit, at Lindeth Howe, we would rather return to the Ravenscroft on our next visit. Thank you Jackie for making our mid week break from DIY so relaxing!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2010

We have just spent 4 nights at Ravenscroft on our first trip to the UK.Jackie & Steve went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable-we felt we were staying with friends rather than a B&B.Jackie's breakfasts were more than enough to start our day and her local knowledge of things to do and see was exceptional .Our only regret was that we couldn't spend more time there.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple