“Perfect stay”

Ranked #11 of 108 Windermere B&B and Inns
Stourbridge, United Kingdom
“Perfect stay”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

My husband and I have just had a three night break at Jerichos and it was just perfect.Our room was very spacious and spotlessly clean.Breakfast was lovely plenty of fresh fruit and cereals followed by a cooked dish. I would not hesitate to recommend to others and we will definitely return on our next visit to the lakes.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

Good quality, comfortable B&B in a splendidly decorated Victorian mansion near the centre of Windermere town. My single en-suite room had a comfortable small double bed. However, it was fairly small and a little gloomy - partly due to the very dark wallpaper. The en-suite was very cramped indeed. I probably wouldn't want to stay in this room for more than a couple of nights. The breakfast was very nice. Good quality ingredients and properly cooked. The toast was made using homemade bread.

Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
ballymena
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I spent a lovely few days here, it was a superb place to stay. Our room was at the top of the house which had a massive comfy bed, great shower, only downside about the room was we didn't have any wifi available. I'm thinking thats because of our location in house. The breakfast was plentiful & had a good range of cereals, fruits, yogurt, followed but a choice of cooked breakfast. I would have loved some crossiant's but toast was only available. The parking area was great and location couldn't have been better. We walked into the town about 2 minutes and on down the road into Bowness about 10-15 mins walk. All in all a great place to stay in Windermere.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2014

I only had one night stay here with my parents whilst we visited Windermere - we booked a double room for them and a single for myself. It was a nice quiet location, off the main road so no major traffic with plenty of on-site car parking. I would say it is about a 25min walk from the B&B down to the Lake and note that it is a slight incline when walking back up.

B&B itself was immaculate and beautifully kept - attention to detail was faultless and the rooms have been renovated nicely. My single room was so comfortable, bed was lovely and the bathroom, although compact was brilliant, it is really nicely done. Loved the shower.

My parents' had the double room and no complaints for them although the bed was perhaps a bit softer than they preferred but this was a minor detail. Room was cosy and spacious enough for two.

Breakfast itself was a joy - we could help ourselves to the juices, fruit, granola / muesli / cereal on the dresser in the hallway and from the menu we could choose a hot meal. The selection was nice, I went for the full breakfast, my Dad had the kippers and my Mum chose the baked beans with eggs on toast. No complaints, service was quick and attentive.

Chris was patient with all my questions of the area and very helpful. Overall, this B&B was great and what I liked about Jericho's was that it just seemed that bit nicer than your average B&Bs, with a nice touch of 'hotel' in there somehow. It's a great balance. Would recommend.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Sutton Coldfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a really fabulous guest house. We stayed for 3 nights in August and our time at Jerichos was perfect. The owners and their staff were absolutely lovely, making us feel very welcome and comfortable. Our room was fabulous, very stylish and had the benefit of a beautiful en-suite shower room and tea and coffee making facilities. It was warm, comfortable and quiet. Great attention to detail by the owners. The breakfast was first class too, plenty of choice, served in a lovely room. Another benefit of Jerichos is it's close proximity to the town centre whilst being situated in a quiet road and having good parking. We would stroll into Windermere village most days, a 5 minute walk for us, and we also walked into Bowness several times. When we next visit the Lake District we will without question go back to Jerichos as we loved it.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Top quality breakfast, you will not forget this breakfast, friendly and talkative staff, pretty decorative rooms but a bit small... Anyway, you will feel the quality.....................................

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Just returned from 3 nights stay at Jerichos. Had a fantastic time, rooms clean and spacious, breakfast lovely and varied, plenty on offer. Owners very friendly and welcoming. Will definitely stay here again

Review collected in partnership with this hotel