We had booked room number 3 a month prior to our visit and we were really looking forward to our stay, Having researched where to stay using tripadvisor we found ourselves hoping that the Firgarth really did live up to the great reviews on here.
Colin welcomed us and gave a well informed but not overbearing introduction to the Firgarth, the local area and offered us a very well needed cuppa and a biscuit. We were shown to our room feeling like we were being made welcome in a friends house.
The room is fantastic. The layout and decor of the room is really fresh and modern. The colour scheme is neutral and a lot of thought and love obviously went into the refurbishment of this room. The quality shows throughout.
All of the little touches show that Colin and Pam have put a great deal of thought into the rooms and what guests need and expect: Wifi relay on request, Heat protective mat for use of hair tongues, hair drier, welcome pack, fully kitted out bathroom (soaps, shower gel etc), lovely fluffy towels, bedside radio / ipod dock / alarm, tv with dvd player / freeview. Even the little touches such as choice of coffee in the room and providing wine glasses when they saw that we had brought some wine with us - all going to serve that attention to details and guest comfort really was on the forefront of their minds.
The bed was super comfy and the shower is fantastic. One thing that really stood out in our minds was the level of cleanliness. This is the standard that every B&B should strive for yet so many still fail at it.
Breakfast was fantastic. I had cooked full english both mornings and it was really good produce - very well cooked! My wife loved the salmon and scrambled egg on toast on day one and the vegetarian sausages on day two were great - she meant to ask which they were and how they had been cooked.
We will sing your praises for a long time and fully intended if we ever come to the Lakes again, to beat a path to your door.
You're doing everything right - keep at it and feel very proud of your B&B!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Firgarth Guest House is conveniently situated just 12 minutes' walk from the centre of Windermere, with a range of shops, pubs and restaurants. The Firgarth offers relaxed comfortable accommodation. The traditional cooked breakfast is prepared using locally sourced produce; there is also a selection of juices, grapefruit, fresh fruit salad, cereals and yoghurts. Exclusively Non smoking. All our rooms are on the first and second floors. All rooms have remote control TV/DVD and tea and coffee making facilities. Unfortunately we have no family rooms so are unable to accommodate children under the age of 16. Our last check in time is 20:00hrs and check out time is 10:00hrs. We have one car parking space for each room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, LateRooms and HRS so you can book your The Firgarth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Firgarth Hotel Windermere
- The Firgarth Windermere, Lake District