We arrived for a two night stay in the middle of the summer heat wave we recently experienced and we were so relieved to see a huge fan in our room when we arrived. There were also some delicious home made biscuits and tea/coffee facilities along with toiletries. The room itself was very comfortable, clean and quiet. Jennifer was a lovely host who gave us great information about the surrounding areas, walks to go on and the bus services which meant we had a particularly lovely day out on one day. The b+b itself is in a perfect location to all the restaurants in Windermere and a walk or bus ride away from Bowness where the lake is. The breakfasts were great with as many choices you could ever want as well as cereals, toast, yoghurt, fruit etc. All in all it is a great place for a short stay and is fantastic value for money. We wouldn't hesitate in staying again and in fact we are going to book another stay next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Archway Guesthouse- A good quality, small 4 star guesthouse in a quiet spot in Windermere village. We pride ourselves for giving all those little extras. All food locally sourced with an extensive award winning breakfast menu (homemade jam and marmalade) catering for all dietary requirements. Homemade biscuits in the rooms, as well as DVD/CD players and big comfy beds. Great location close to the station suitable for exploring the lakes with or without transport/ parking available. Breakfast included in the price. Prices are based on two people sharing per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your The Archway Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Archway Guesthouse Hotel Windermere
- The Archway Guesthouse Windermere, Lake District