“Good hotel, great location!”
Review of Ashleigh House

Ashleigh House
Ranked #65 of 107 Windermere B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed here over August bank holiday and found this to be a nice hotel. The breakfast times were later that I wanted but the B&B happily accommodated me an earlier continental type breakfast. The car park is very small and probably difficult to manover but I was the only car so not a problem for me. Room nice and clean - bathroom a bit small but I always find that in B&B's. Good central location in Windermere and about 20 -30 minute walk to Bowness on Windermere if you fancy a change of dining for evening and don't want to take the car.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was the second time my wife and I have stayed at Ashleigh Guest House, and once again we were greeted with a warm welcome. We had a good size room and it was clean throughout.The breakfast was really good and not a problem for a vegan diet!! Ideally situated close to restaurants shops and bars. Which was most welcome after a few pints!! Thank you all again and see you soon!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

My daughter and I spent 2 nights here on the 5th August 13, while our room (1) was small it was lovely and clean, and had everything we needed for out time in the lake district, my daughter loved the DVDs which we watched after being out exploring the lakes all day. I liked that we had a key so could get into guest house without ringing bell etc. Bed was very comfy and we both slept will as it was so quiet.

Breakfast was lovely we loved having a choice and I'd like to thank Brenda for going the extra mile in providing my daughter with dairy free alternatives we often struggle with this but nothing seemed to much for Brenda, my daughter would have stayed longer if we had been able too and we are already looking at rebooking for next summer.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Ashleigh guest house for 2 nights from the 10th til the 12th of august13 with myself and wife and my brother and his wife, parking was a little tight but ok, ideal in the centre of Windermere and about a 1.5 mile walk into bowness passing plenty of shops and eateries, ROOMS-we were in room 3 with a good view of the hills/ mountains, plenty of room with a dbl bed, 2 chairs, wardrobe with plenty of hangers, chest of drawers, LCD tv a complimentary tea, coffee, hot chocolate, biscuits and a bottle opener, a large bathroom with shower shampoo, shower gel etc and plenty of towels, my brothers room was very small and also a small bathroom/shower, the view was of the back yard, but adequate for the 2days any longer I suggest the bigger rooms, Brenda was a good host and cooked the breakfasts to a menu which you choose the day before a good idea, plenty of choice with cereal, fruits, yoghurt etc, overall we had a good weekend break and would stay here again, thanks Andy, Linda, Nicky and Liz

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I spent two days at this BB. While the establishment was adequate (ok size room, tiny bathroom, old fashioned, breakfast uninspiring), I was put in my place by the hostess! We were on a tight budget so decided to buy a ready meal from a supermarket. Just needed to warm it up. Asked the hostess if she would be so kind as to do so for me and was told NO. Just NO. Sheesh! Whatever happened to going the extra mile, being helpful/friendly? I was humiliated and embarrassed. So, could not eat the frozen meal, had to buy from a Restuarant and that particular evening I wasted money I could ill afford.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank r0se123456
ashleighhouse, Owner at Ashleigh House, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us but I would like to respond to a few things you mention. The part about bringing in a frozen meal, you were not just told NO, we explained to you that we were a B&B and do not do evening meals. I am sorry that you had an extra expense but I do not believe we can be blamed for this as had you asked or read the information sheet you would have known this in advance, and as we are only a few minutes walk from several pubs, many restaurants, shops, and takeaways this is usually not a problem. As to not going the extra mile I do not feel it is unreasonable to expect a little relaxation time for ourselves as it was 7.30pm on a Sunday evening and we had been up since 6.30am that morning. Next I would like to reply about breakfast. You were given a menu card with several options to pick from to fill in, which you chose not to do, so we simply made a standard full English breakfast. Sorry this was not what you wanted.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed last week for 4 nights which between us was the third visit to Ashleigh House. Stayed in room 3 which was a double at the front with fell views and a huge bathroom!! Cleanliness was spot on, towels changed everyday. We had a tea tray in the room with everything we needed. Brenda and Julie are absolutely lovely and make you feel so welcome. The breakfast arrangement where you fill in your order and choose which items you have on your fry up is a brilliant idea, it means you only get what you like and don't have the awkwardness of leaving something! Breakfast each day whether we had a fry up or continental was lovely and set us up for the day. The bed was comfy and having chairs in the room was a lovely change to most B&Bs where you have to sit on the bed of an evening. We'll most definitely be back again :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed for four nights with family and had a wonderful relaxing stay nothing is too much trouble for Brenda and Julie. Will be back at our earliest opportunity. Breakfast was spot on rooms clean and spacious off road parking and right in the centre of Windermere could not be better placed for a stay in the lakes

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family