“What a lovely place”

Annisgarth Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #61 of 107 Windermere B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 21, 2010

What a lovely place to stay and the owner Sharron is such a lovely host.I rang on the day of arrival to tell Sharron we would be later than we thought and she actually stayed in and waited for us to arrive before she went out.Our room with a spa bath was really nice and the toiletries (according to my wife were brilliant) The full English breakfast was delicious and there are some really nice alternatives.The location is very good being approx 400 mtrs from Bowness town centre and about 800 mtrs from Windermere town.We also liked the fact that Sharron seems interested in how your hoilday is going and will gladly give you advice.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Annisgarth Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed April 5, 2010

The Annisgarth is wonderful. Stayed April 2010 over the Easter bank holiday for 3 nights. It's about 15/20mins walk from windermere train station, but about 2 minutes from Bowness town centre and all the restaurants, shops and bus stops are just at the end of the road. Sharron and her husband were really accomodating and welcoming, but were obviously very experienced and knew just how much to leave us to it without being distant.

Breakfasts in the morning were perfect, had a full english every day and there was a choice of cereals/fruit/yoghurts/juice etc. We were actually rather cheeky and on arriving in windermere early took the chance that someone would be in and went straight to the b&b - obviously we realised we should have rung first but not a word was said about it and we were shown straight up to our room, which was very much appreciated. Not recommending anyone else to show up before check-in (!), but just to stress how accomodating Sharron was.

We were in the 'Grasmere' room (i believe this was the smallest but you wouldn't know!) which had the bathroom seperate to the bedroom - not a problem at all:it was literally next door with bathrobes provided. The room and bathroom were really nicely decorated (so many books!) and a perfect size for two, not small at all. There was free internet (if you bring a laptop). Hairdryer, tv and a kettle were provided - teas and things replenished everyday. Shower was always hot, the radiators heated the room up really quickly and bed was really comfortable and toasty. Absolutely bags of storage and wardrobe space if you're like me and like to unpack everything. All the little things - like biscuits in the room, mints, dvds available to borrow, all the extras at breakfast - really make the difference and it was a really homely atmostphere. The room was cleaned every day, we could come and go as we pleased.

Sharron was really lovely, she helped guests with 'touristy' type advice, and as we were leaving it was absolutely throwing it down with rain and she very kindly gave us a lift to the station. Really cannot recommend the place enough, and was a really great price too. We will be recommending it to people we know and hope to stay there in the summer. Thanks very much to Sharron and the Annisgarth for a really really lovely break :)

N.B. - ate at the Emperor of India (around £20/head) and Fat Olives (£25ish/head) for dinner, highly recommend these. If you like gingerbread make sure you head over to Sarah Nelson's Gingerbread Shop in Grasmere :)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2009

A lovely clean, warm , trendy room.

Very quiet, with a lovely breakfast room, and a nice short walk into town

we would def stay here again

The owner was lovely and let us just get on, which is always nice not to be bothered with all the time

we had a key and you can come and go when you like

lots of excellent bars and restaurants nearby for an evening

Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I booked this trip and then read the reviews on here and was a bit worried. I stayed there 2 nights with my mum and found no reason for the bad reviews on this site. The rooms weren't massive but totally big enough for the 2 of us. Everything was immaculately clean, breakfast was perfectly cooked and the Sharon couldn't have done more to help or to make us feel more welcome! About 10 minute walk to the lake and 5 minutes from the shops/restaurants/pubs. Perfect B&B especially for the price paid, would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed April 21, 2009

I booked 3 nights at the Annisgarth B&B in April after seeing their website and being impressed by the pictures of the rooms and the great price ( 140 pounds for 3 nights ).Then I read the reviews on here...and I thought I made a great mistake.I actually nearly cancelled the booking .
However now I am so glad I didn't cancel , as I couldn't find a fault with the place.Sharron , the landlady was friendly and chatty and breakfast was good , plenty and arrived within 5 minutes of us sitting down at the table.
As mentioned in other reviews there is no designated guest parking space as it is a residential area, but we were lucky and found a space opposite the house every time.
We stayed in room number 2 , which was tastefully decorated in a contemporary style- you won't find any tasteless kitsch in this B&B.Another pluspoint was the fact that our room held a small library with a well stocked bookshelf.There is also a TV and DVD player and the B&B has good selection of films and games to choose from.
I would truly recommend this place and woill be staying there again.
From the B&B it is a 5 minute walk into Bowness and to Lake Windemere.I would advise people to book a table in the restaurants , as they can full up quite quickly as we experienced on out first night.Places we ate at and liked were the Spinnery andJintara's Thai restaurant.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DaniPutney_London
Reviewed September 11, 2008

Annisgarth is a 3-bedroom House on a very quiet Craig Walk Road away from the noisy main street but not far away to enjoy a walk to Windermere Lake.
My first stay in Annisgarth was in August 2005. In August 2008 I paid my second visit to Annisgarth. What I liked most about Annisgarth and compelled me to return to the place last August and certainly shall urge me to come again if I am lucky to visit the lake district is the five stars service and hospitality which made me feel at home.
The breakfast was delicious. Every day I chose a different presentation. The three breakfast presentations I had were of the same best quality I liked.
The room was lovely. Compared to three years ago it has been more luxurious. Any thing I needed was provided in the room. It was unfortunate that the weather was awful this year. But I quite enjoyed my stay in the room for several hours until the weather cleared late in the afternoons.
I paid only GBP 147 for three nights for the luxury and beautifully decorated room with a double bed and en suite shower which I believe has been very good value for money.

Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed September 10, 2008

I've travelled all over the world and stayed in a variety of different forms of accomodation.

I always check reviews before I stay and more often then not they don't reflect my feeling about a particular place.

It's obviously impossible to please everyone all of the time but I sometimes get the feeling some people are never happier than when they have something to complain about.

I've stayed here a number of times now. The location is for me fantastic, the surrounding scenery is breathtaking, my room has always been clean and comfortable, breakfast is on point with a good choice but most of all the reason I keep coming back is because of the warmth of the owners. As always I look forward to my next visit whenever that may be.

I'll be honest and say I tend to click with people where ever I am. I make friends easily and enjoy good company. In life I don't have much to complain about. Especially when in a room with a lake view and a jacuzzi in the en suite.

I love the lakes , I think the surroundings are spectacular, the people very friendly and I even swear there 's a different freshness in there air. I always leave there revived.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Windermere
The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant
#57 of 107 in Windermere
All Seasons
All Seasons
#69 of 107 in Windermere

Been to Annisgarth Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!