My two daughters and I were spending a brief visit to England, during a longer European trip, just to visit the Lakes District and in particular Beatrix Potter's farm. We booked our accommodation over the internet. After a disastrous train journey from Liverpool, we finally arrived at our B & B. We were welcomed warmly, and felt right at home. Our room was beautiful, with good beds. In the morning we enjoyed the most delicious and filling homemade breakfast, before setting out on our adventures for the day. We spent 5 nights at Fir Trees. It was perfectly located between the Lake and Windermere. We were able to walk most places. Our hosts were always helpful with good ideas on places to see and helped with a local day trip booking. Every morning we looked forward to breakfast! Can't wait to return one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a Nine bedroom Guest House with all rooms En-Suite. Centrally located mid way between Windermere and Bowness. Each room has a small fridge containing mineral water and fresh milk for your tea and coffee, feel free to bring a bottle or two to put in the fridge. Also you will find robes in the wardrobe to help you relax in your room. We serve a leisurely breakfast between 8.30 and 9.30 which is freshly cooked to order and for the sleepyheads amongst us check out is no later than 11am ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Fir Trees Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fir Trees Guest House Hotel Windermere
- Fir Trees Guest House Windermere, Lake District