This was my first experience travelling on my own (not working, not studying, just travelling). I was really stressed out from work and was looking for comfort and peace when I booked a room at the Ravensworth. And it never betrayed my expectations! The moment I arrived in the morning from an overnight trip from Russia to London, and then to Windermere Cheryl met me, showed me around and made me some toasts with scrambled eggs which turned out to be the BEST toasts I've ever eaten. What's your secret?
There were some issues with my visa, so the originally booked single room was already occupied, but they offered me a double room for the same price. My friend came a few nights later, and we fell in love with the guest house and its staff so much, we decided to cancel our stay in Kendal but the room was already booked, so they had to move us to the King-size room, but for the price of usual double stay!
The day arrived Cheryl also gave me a map and showed me all the places and shops I could possibly have interest in, as well as she and Nick booked two Mountain Goat tours for us.
Breakfast was spectacular: always fresh fruits and berries, as well as a great variety of traditional breakfasts. My friend also said your toasts were delicious! As well as the scrambled egg, not to mention grilled bacon, muffin+scrambled egg+smoked salmon... Mmmm,...
The house itself is really very cozy, all rooms are rather spacious, neat and nice. I saw some people wrote about a noisy road, but I've never noticed that really, even though we did open the window a lot.
The living room was also very nice, with lots of board games, they also had a wide variety of movies to watch.
The location is perfect, it's like, about 5 minutes away from the train and bus stations, you won't get lost! A perfect starting point to explore the Lake District!
Nick and Cheryl themselves are a very very nice and friendly couple. It's a pity we didn't see much of the youngest one though :) The other staff were also really nice too and made our time at the Ravensworth a real treat! Everyone's always so full of energy and optimistic, it motivated me as well. It made me think that it's nice to be able to run a guest house like that, I'd love to do the same thing if I could (maybe I'll have an opportunity in future, who knows).
Thank you very very much for your warm welcome and for everything the Ravensworth offered during our stay. Me and my friend loved it a lot, and the next time I'm going to visit the Lake District (and that's gonna happen soon), I'll definitely stay at the Ravensworth once again! I wish all the best to your family :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ravensworth is a traditional Lakeland guest house with plenty of character offering a warm welcome and relaxed atmosphere. Only a few minutes walk from the centre of Windermere village and railway station, very close to shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Ravensworth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ravensworth Hotel Windermere
- The Ravensworth Windermere, Lake District