As Father of the Bride , I was nervous about many things , speech included. The wedding was two years in the planning, I had every confidence in the Team at the Merewood. Our wedding on the 17th July 2010 was superb, everything fell into place , Helen ,Lorna, and all the Staff were fantastic , many thanks. People said you would know and feel right about the venue , as a family we did . All our guests had a superb day . wedding breakfast was as good as any Michelin * Restaurant . We will be back for Sunday tastings!. Luckily I have three daughters , need to persuade others, hopefully we will be back. Martin , Julie , Natalie, Ben and Guests. All our expectations full -filled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merewood is a country house hotel of great charm and distinction set in a position of incomparable scenic beauty. The Hotel stands on its own secluded estate, overlooking Lake Windermere and is easily accessible from the main route to and through the Lakes. Merewood's friendly and efficient staff, the relaxed excellence of the service and the wonderful food are all of a quality to match the unparalleled location.The Hotel is open all year including Christmas and New Year and the English Tourist Board has awarded it a "Highly Commended" three stars with silver accolade for food and service. It is often worth checking for late availability as there are special deals and midweek breaks throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Merewood Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merewood Country Hotel
- Merewood Country Windermere
- Merewood Country House Hotel Windermere, Lake District