We stayed here a couple of weeks ago with friends and were really impressed. We had a fabulous big room with fantastic views to Lake Windermere, 2 double beds and lots of space. The hotel was lovely with big log fires, traditional fittings, warm and cosy. The food was excellent and beautifully presented although the choice was limited, possibly because we were on a Travelzoo deal. However, the extras in the way of canapes and chocolates along with the delicious homemade breads made up for this. The staff were very friendly, helpful and courteous. Some of the rooms looked quite small from the floor plan so I guess if you are given one of those you may not be as happy as we were!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merewood is a country house hotel of great charm and distinction set in a position of incomparable scenic beauty. The Hotel stands on its own secluded estate, overlooking Lake Windermere and is easily accessible from the main route to and through the Lakes. Merewood's friendly and efficient staff, the relaxed excellence of the service and the wonderful food are all of a quality to match the unparalleled location.The Hotel is open all year including Christmas and New Year and the English Tourist Board has awarded it a "Highly Commended" three stars with silver accolade for food and service. It is often worth checking for late availability as there are special deals and midweek breaks throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Merewood Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merewood Country Hotel
- Merewood Country Windermere
- Merewood Country House Hotel Windermere, Lake District