My husband and I have recently returned from Merewood, it was superb.....The staff are very welcoming especially Josh Charity and Adam, the food was outstanding, absolutely amazing probably one of the most delicious meals I have had!
The actual house is beautiful, although not on the lake it does have lake views, Josh said that we were welcome to walk around the grounds of the sister hotel on the lake, he called them to check that they did not have a function on, and indeed the gardens of the sister are lovely to walk through.
We enjoyed our stay and very much look forward to going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merewood is a country house hotel of great charm and distinction set in a position of incomparable scenic beauty. The Hotel stands on its own secluded estate, overlooking Lake Windermere and is easily accessible from the main route to and through the Lakes. Merewood's friendly and efficient staff, the relaxed excellence of the service and the wonderful food are all of a quality to match the unparalleled location.The Hotel is open all year including Christmas and New Year and the English Tourist Board has awarded it a "Highly Commended" three stars with silver accolade for food and service. It is often worth checking for late availability as there are special deals and midweek breaks throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Merewood Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merewood Country Hotel
- Merewood Country Windermere
- Merewood Country House Hotel Windermere, Lake District