I stayed here for four days on a dinner, bed & breakfast package with my mother. The staff were friendly, the food was really excellent - I'm a coeliac and I didn't even have to mention it to staff as they were ontop of the situation - and the service was great. My only gripe - I'd asked for a Lake View room on booking and was told that was fine but unfortunately there were none available when we checked in. We were offered one for one of our four nights but didn't feel there was much point in moving for just one night. Otherwise I would recommend this hotel as an excellent, good value choice for the Lake District.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merewood is a country house hotel of great charm and distinction set in a position of incomparable scenic beauty. The Hotel stands on its own secluded estate, overlooking Lake Windermere and is easily accessible from the main route to and through the Lakes. Merewood's friendly and efficient staff, the relaxed excellence of the service and the wonderful food are all of a quality to match the unparalleled location.The Hotel is open all year including Christmas and New Year and the English Tourist Board has awarded it a "Highly Commended" three stars with silver accolade for food and service. It is often worth checking for late availability as there are special deals and midweek breaks throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Merewood Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merewood Country Hotel
- Merewood Country Windermere
- Merewood Country House Hotel Windermere, Lake District