I celebrated my 50th birthday here by having Sunday Lunch with 18 guests. the setting was fantastic and the staff could not do enough to help make my birthday extra special. The food was superb and was beautifully served. They catered for three young children, aged 2 - 4 who said that their din din's was yummy (high praise indeed). From start to finish we were made to feel like special guests and this has been an experience I will not forget in a hurry.
I have been several times before and have praised the Merewood to family and friends but my family said the experience was even better than they had expected.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Merewood is a country house hotel of great charm and distinction set in a position of incomparable scenic beauty. The Hotel stands on its own secluded estate, overlooking Lake Windermere and is easily accessible from the main route to and through the Lakes. Merewood's friendly and efficient staff, the relaxed excellence of the service and the wonderful food are all of a quality to match the unparalleled location.The Hotel is open all year including Christmas and New Year and the English Tourist Board has awarded it a "Highly Commended" three stars with silver accolade for food and service. It is often worth checking for late availability as there are special deals and midweek breaks throughout the year. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, LateRooms and Agoda so you can book your Merewood Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Merewood Country Hotel
- Merewood Country Windermere
- Merewood Country House Hotel Windermere, Lake District