We stayed for only one night unfortunetly, would have stayed for a lot longer if possible. We stayed in one of the 'cheaper' rooms and this was outstanding so i would love to see the exceptional standard of the other (four poster) rooms. The room was decorated to a high standard, the en-suit was very large and the power shower was fantastic! We had a lovely view from our window. The room was warm and cosy and the bed was really big and very comfortable, the bedding was so sumptutious. The hotel owners were friendly and ready to cater to any of our needs. There was a great choice for breakfast, too much choice for me as it all sounded and looked great! Shirly gave us directions to the south lake animal park which wasn't too far away and was a great day out.
Overall a great stay and would definetly go back, even if just to have a relaxing stay in the hotel and not to go anywhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bed and Breakfast of the Year - Cumbria Tourism Awards 2009. Five Star - luxury accommodation opposite Lake Windermere. 15 minutes walk from Bowness-on-Windermere, our family run guest house offers personal service by friendly owners. Breakfasts feature local and home-made produce. Four poster and king-size rooms, power showers, White Company toiletries. We aim to ensure you will want to return! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your Storrs Gate House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storrs Gate House Hotel Windermere
- Storrs Gate House Windermere, Lake District