Put simply we thought this place was fantastic, and couldn't recommend it highly enough.
The room we stayed in (the Tudor 4-poster) was beautiful (and what a shower!), the breakfast was amazing (try Shirley's home made yogurt) and Vince and Shirley were very friendly.
I only wish we could have stayed for more than one night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bed and Breakfast of the Year - Cumbria Tourism Awards 2009. Five Star - luxury accommodation opposite Lake Windermere. 15 minutes walk from Bowness-on-Windermere, our family run guest house offers personal service by friendly owners. Breakfasts feature local and home-made produce. Four poster and king-size rooms, power showers, White Company toiletries. We aim to ensure you will want to return! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Storrs Gate House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storrs Gate House Hotel Windermere
- Storrs Gate House Windermere, Lake District