Very clean. Good breakfast. A bit old fashioned, but none the worse for that. Expensive compared with other B&B's we have stayed in throughout the UK, but reasonable for the area in which it is situated.
A suggestion for the owners - lock the front door (all guests have keys), which will remove the necessity to be 'on guard' all day and evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bed and Breakfast of the Year - Cumbria Tourism Awards 2009.Five Stars with Silver Award - luxury accommodation opposite Lake Windermere. 15 minutes walk from Bowness-on-Windermere, our family run guest house offers personal service by friendly owners. Breakfasts feature local and home-made produce. Four poster and king-size rooms, power showers, White Company toiletries. We aim to ensure you will want to return! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Storrs Gate House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storrs Gate House Hotel Windermere
- Storrs Gate House Windermere, Lake District