We stayed at the Storrs Gate House in June of 2013 on a 4 day trip to Windermere. The place was quite beautiful - very well furnished and decorated. We loved the room we got. Their service was great too - the owners Vince and Sheryl were very helpful and nice to talk to. They offer breakfast which is also very nicely served in their dining room. We are vegetarians so there was limited choice for us, but they did do it nicely offering cut fruits and boiled vegetables along with bread and tea/coffee.
The room was appropriately priced for the quality of stay. The location was a bit of a walk from Bowness town center - which you do have to do usually because the dinner places are all there (and car park next to restaurants is difficult to find, so you're better off walking).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bed and Breakfast of the Year - Cumbria Tourism Awards 2009.Five Stars with Silver Award - luxury accommodation opposite Lake Windermere. 15 minutes walk from Bowness-on-Windermere, our family run guest house offers personal service by friendly owners. Breakfasts feature local and home-made produce. Four poster and king-size rooms, power showers, White Company toiletries. We aim to ensure you will want to return! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Storrs Gate House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Storrs Gate House Hotel Windermere
- Storrs Gate House Windermere, Lake District