This is our 4th visit to the Lake District, but my 1st time staying in Windermere as we usually stay in Bowness, but we felt like a change. 1 park Road stood out to us straight away whilst searching for a place to stay, it looked classy, homely and had excellent reviews, and it definitely lived up to our expectations.
Upon arrival it oozed cosiness and we were warmly greeted by Mary, the owner. After giving us a tour of the Boutique B&B, she ensured we had everything we needed and was extremely friendly.
After we had settled into our room, we vacated to the lounge and exerienced a Raspberry Beer and a juicy, full bodied red wine from their vast menu of drinks from around the world, on which Philip, Mary's good humoured husband, is an expert. He is also an expert on crisps and brought us a little bowl of one of his favourite savoury snacks, which we thougt was a nice touch.
The room was very clean, cosy and comfortable and had everything we needed, from an erray of teas and coffee's, biscuits and Kendal mint cake, and his and hers toweling gowns, which I loved after the power shower!
The breakfast was delicious and fresh, with a great choice of cereals and jams. The portions were very generous and filled you up for the day ahead.
Overall, we really enjoyed our stay and Philip and Mary could not do enough for me and my boyfriend and made us feel really at home and we are looking into booking valentines weekend there already!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1 Park Road is an award-winning luxury boutique hotel in the heart of Windermere village. A recently refurbished former gentleman's residence that has a wonderful laid-back feel. 6 Spacious ensuite rooms with comfortable beds- three with king sized beds, flat screened TV's, DVD and Ipod docking stations. All rooms have The White Company soaps and bath robes and lotions from Pure Company. There is proper fresh coffee, tea pots and fresh milk- very important. We are fully licensed with an interesting selection of wines and bottled beers from around the world. We offer freshly cooked dinners at week ends and either cold meat or cheese platters the rest of the week- subject to availability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your 1 Park Road reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Park Road Hotel Windermere
- 1 Park Road Windermere, Lake District