Clean, comfortable, the Glenburn will satisfy you if not blow you away. Breakfast is fine, though to describe the standard full English as "Hearty" was an exaggeration of biblical proportions. Decor throughout ok, our bathroom (Rm17) tiny but clean - metal "sleeve" around shower hose completely fallen away to reveal grotty old plastic tubing underneath. Plenty of hot water though. Never saw the owners, hotel staffed by pleasant young Eastern Europeans, all in all, adequate to good though never going to set the world on fire. Which pretty much sums up the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highly acclaimed non smoking hotel with free leisure facilities, just 5 minutes walk from Windermere, new deluxe rooms with jacuzzi spa baths & rain showers, four poster beds, family rooms, self catering cottages, free parking, great restaurant & bar, just totally refubished to a high standard, outstanding in every way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, LateRooms and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glenburn Hotel And Restaurant
- Glenburn Hotel Windermere
- The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant Windermere, Lake District