The Glenburn Hotel is just old fashioned in everything except its pricing. A dark room (N°14) with a tiny bathroom. No soap tray in the shower, low water pressure and tiny shampoo and gel tubes of an unheard-of brand (containing parabens). Anti theft plastic coathangers, no blackout curtains, no wifi in the rooms, frying oil smells wafting in through the window. The fire exit was through our bedroom, yes through our bedroom, with an emergency break-glass (plastic) knob that if used gave access into our bedroom even when locked!!!
The public areas are small and decoration is from another era. Wifi available in front area of lounge with a complicated code. Breakfast very average and charging £2 extra for kippers is just so niggling. Very polite Eastern European staff was obliged to call owner to allow us to leave without paying for reserved but unconsumed night, despite us having said that we would leave the night before. Frankly, I had been led astray by the generally positive comments about the hotel on this website, although maybe we had the worst room in the hotel...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Highly acclaimed non smoking hotel with free leisure facilities, just 5 minutes walk from Windermere, new deluxe rooms with jacuzzi spa baths & rain showers, four poster beds, family rooms, self catering cottages, free parking, great restaurant & bar, just totally refubished to a high standard, outstanding in every way. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Glenburn Hotel And Restaurant
- Glenburn Hotel Windermere
- The Glenburn Hotel & Restaurant Windermere, Lake District