My wife and I stayed at the howbeck on the 6th August for two nights for our wedding anniversary,The hotel is in a great location, a two minute walk from Windermere centre and a fifteen minute walk to the centre of Bowness.On arrival the staff were friendly and helpful.They showed us around, then took our bags to our room for us whilst we enjoyed a much needed pot of coffee in the lounge after a long drive.The room was lovely and beautifully prepared with rose petals,champagne and chocolates.The four poster bed was extremely comfortable and made up with good quality linen.The bathroom complete with spa bath big enough for two,was complemented by thick fluffy bath sheets and bath robes.
The staff always had a smile and were always very cheerful. If you need anything just ask and they are willing to help. Breakfast was lovely, with a wide variety to choose from, whether it be full English, Eggs Benedict(which we can recommend)or choice of cereals,fruit,cold meats etc.
We would recommend The Howbeck to anyone wanting a relaxing,short break away in luxurious accomodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury AA Rated 5 star highly recommended, recently fully refurbished guest house just 2 mins walk from Windermere centre. A member of the "Best loved hotels of the world" all rooms have fantastic en-suites some with jacuzzis & massage showers. We have 1 luxury suite with private entrance and patio, double jacuzzi air bath, mood lighting, 2 tv's etc. If you are looking for somewhere special you will not find better in Windermere! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Howbeck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howbeck Hotel Windermere
- The Howbeck Windermere, Lake District