Me and my girlfriend stayed here for a 2 night break and had a great time. The location is great, being only a few minutes walk from the town of Windermere which has some lovely restaurants and a decent pub, and a 3 minute drive to the lovely Bowness on Windermere.
We stayed in the Glenridding room and it was fine, and the bathroom was awesome with a Jacuzzi styled bath
On the first night we had a 3 course meal in the hotel which was very nice, and also had breakfasts on both mornings which was spot on.
Every member of staff we came across were lovely and couldn't do enough for you.
All in all a great stay at the Howbeck, in a lovely corner of England. Lake windermere is just beautiful, especially when the sun is shining. Can't wait to visit the Lake district again soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury AA Rated 5 star highly recommended, recently fully refurbished guest house just 2 mins walk from Windermere centre. A member of the "Best loved hotels of the world" all rooms have fantastic en-suites some with jacuzzis & massage showers. We have 1 luxury suite with private entrance and patio, double jacuzzi air bath, mood lighting, 2 tv's etc. If you are looking for somewhere special you will not find better in Windermere! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Howbeck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howbeck Hotel Windermere
- The Howbeck Windermere, Lake District