Booked the windergill luxury room for 1 nights stay which already looked beautiful and on arrival my mum had secretly (with help of staff) upgraded us to the 'retreat' room. The very helpful and lovely receptionist Roberta showed us to our room, explaining about breakfast, keys, mood lighting etc. She is an asset to the team!
Only thing I would say if I had any niggle was the mood lighting control - no idea how this worked so maybe best to show guests.
Room was huge, walk in wardrobe, mini bar, huge bed covered in rose petals plus a bottle of wine and chocolates! lounge area and table where we were served an amazing breakfast the following morning.
The choices were great and so much! We couldn't finish it all.
Bowness on windermere is about 15 minutes walk so we went to explore during the day and then got a taxi back down to the restaurants and bars on the night time which costs about £3.50. Lovely pubs and restaurants. We had drinks in bodega tapas bar-fab cocktails and nice atmosphere with lovely open fire! Went to the village inn and the manager was very rude to me so we quickly left there and went to Vila postiano for italian food. Lovely welcome and considering this was a Tuesday in February the place was packed! Great food and value for money.
Recommended to so many people already who asked about it from my photos on Facebook! Will hopefully return in the summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury AA Rated 5 star highly recommended, recently fully refurbished guest house just 2 mins walk from Windermere centre. A member of the "Best loved hotels of the world" all rooms have fantastic en-suites some with jacuzzis & massage showers. We have 1 luxury suite with private entrance and patio, double jacuzzi air bath, mood lighting, 2 tv's etc. If you are looking for somewhere special you will not find better in Windermere! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Howbeck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howbeck Hotel Windermere
- The Howbeck Windermere, Lake District