Just returned from a lovely stay at The Howbeck in Windermere. We usually stay at another hotel in the area but I saw the offer on secret escapes and thought we would have a change. Lovely room (Deepdale) with a few added extras rose petals and fairy lights and wine and chocolates were a really nice touch. Room was incredibly clean and massive bed was very comfortable! We dined in the restaurant off the 3 course menu - food was good but not sure if I think it was 5 star standard (my fiancé had lamb and there was very little lamb on his plate!) although what we had was nice and extremely reasonably priced! Staff were the most helpful. Overall a lovely stay at a really well appointed guesthouse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury AA Rated 5 star highly recommended, recently fully refurbished guest house just 2 mins walk from Windermere centre. A member of the "Best loved hotels of the world" all rooms have fantastic en-suites some with jacuzzis & massage showers. We have 1 luxury suite with private entrance and patio, double jacuzzi air bath, mood lighting, 2 tv's etc. If you are looking for somewhere special you will not find better in Windermere! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your The Howbeck reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Howbeck Hotel Windermere
- The Howbeck Windermere, Lake District