“Awesome view of the lake” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Orrest Head

Orrest Head
Ranked #2 of 33 things to do in Windermere
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome view of the lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My partner and I walked to the top which took us around 20 minutes and was definitely worth the climb. The view of Lake Windermere and its surroundings was awesome and we also caught the sun setting. You will truly feel on top of the world when you are at the Orrest Head. There are two path options, the tarmac lane or the public footpath. We took the tarmac lane up and the public footpath going down. Would recommend the tarmac lane over the public footpath which was very rough due to the pebbles and rocks.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Maidstone
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Ideal for an afternoon walk.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I am 60 and although active would hesitate to undertake the more arduous climbs in the Lake District. I was staying at the Windermere Hotel and the walk passes behind the hotel. I was alone and therefore needed to feel safe as I walked. The path to Orrest Head was ideal for me and I walked/climbed to the top in about 40 minutes, with time to admire the view when it appeared on the way. The view over Windermere from the top was stunning. There were places to sit and I shared a photo taking session with other walkers. It was a special time and I would recommend this walk to anyone wanting to taste Lake District walking for a half - day.

Visited August 2013
Warrington, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The epitome of Lakeland views”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

The Orresthead viewpoint is a magnificent example of the sheer beauty and appeal of the Lake District. Situated practically across the road from the hotel at which we have stayed on more than one occasion when visiting the lakes (Cedar Manor), the viewpoint is a short walk uphill, maybe 20-30 minutes depending on pace. Although the walk is when considered easy compared with other walks in the area, it is mostly uphill. The view however is breathtaking and for something that can be achieved in roughly an hour or so, would be a great shame to miss if you are in the area.

Visited June 2013
Estonia
“Fantastic view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

You can either take a gentle 20-minute stroll to the top, or you could, like me half-run to the top; the view from Orrest Head is granted to take your breath away. I spent a week in Windermere and returned a few times to Orrest Head to take in the majestic view over the entire lake. Probably one of my favourite spots in the world!

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Panoramic view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

The climb to the top of Orrest Head starts gently and, although it gets more difficult towards the top, the views make the climb well worth the effort.

Visited October 2013