“Fantastic *****”
Review of Sailing On Windermere - CLOSED

Sailing On Windermere
More attraction details
Owner description: One of the largest & most luxurious yachts you can hire on Lake Windermere, helping you to get away from the crowds and experience sailing on an ocean-going yacht. We are a family-run company and arrange bespoke Private Charters & Shared Sailing Experiences - "Why Knot Wednesday!" with Cream Tea or Lunch.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I visited Ambleside for my hen weekend, we booked the yacht cruise and weren't disappointed. Lawrence, Lynda and Jonathan are lovely people who make you feel very welcome aboard their boat. myself and my friends loved the trip and we will all be booking again :)

Sailing385, Manager at Sailing On Windermere, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Thanks for your review. We are really happy that everyone enjoyed the Hen day on Impulse. We were so glad about the weather for you! We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Together with 4 friends we enjoyed a short cruise with afternoon tea. We took our own champagne and had a wonderful time. Lawrence and his son looked after us royally and the sun made a well timed appearance after heavy rain in the morning. The food was terrific and where better to enjoy it than in the middle of Windermere? Thank you to our daughter and her partner for the gift and to Impulse Charters for making our day.

1  Thank John A

Thank you for your review. We are really pleased that you enjoyed you Wedding Anniversary gift voucher on Windermere.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were fortunate enough to get a gloriously sunny day when skippers Lawrence & Jonny took our group out onto Lake Windermere this summer, but even if the weather hadn't been on our side it wouldn't have deterred from the fun we had and the 5 star service we experienced. We had a great time aboard Impulse and I look forward to booking another charter for my next visit to the Lake District. Highly recommended! Thank you Lynda, Jonny & Lawrence!

Sailing385, Manager at Sailing On Windermere, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Thanks for your review and photos. We are so pleased that you enjoyed sailing on Impulse, on Lake Windermere. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

Skipper Lawrence will tailor make your trip to suit the occasion. Ours was a 70th. Birthday celebration during which, our Birthday Boy together with captains hat took to the helm. It was the most beautiful of days during which we had our own RAF fly past by courtesy of a tornado doing low level sorties over the lake. Other than that, there was little to spoil the peace and tranquility of the occasion except for the clink of champagne glasses, the click of cameras and lots of laughs. A truly memorable day and one that will be remembered for many years to come. For a special celebration, this cannot be beaten.

Thank you for you review. We are really happy that you enjoyed your 70th birthday celebration on Lake Windermere and the tornado that we had arranged for the birthday boy!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I was looking for a romantic marriage proposal idea and selected Impulse Charters due to all of the “5 star – Excellent” reviews here on Tripadvisor. Perhaps like me, when you read reviews on a site that aren’t in the hundreds or thousands and they are all excellent with not a single bad review, you wonder if they have just been written by the owners or friends.

If I could think of even one little negative comment to make this review more believable I would write it down, but Lynda, Lawrence and their son John couldn’t have provided a better experience and I just couldn’t fault it.

Everything exceeded expectations by a long shot, the booking service through Lynda couldn’t have been easier (especially after I got the time wrong and Lynda was able to still accommodate me), the yacht was amazing, and best of all Lawrence and his son were such easy going and great hosts.

There were so many little touches that made the experience great, I don’t think there is anything they could do to make it better. I’m positive that after you’ve had your day with Impulse, that you will be here writing the same thing yourself.

Many thanks for your review. We are really pleased that you were satisfied with our service for your marriage proposal on Windermere. We like to be as flexible as we can with our charters and enjoy creating a bespoke experience for our guests. Once again, congratulations to both of you!