We stayed for 4 nights and didnt enjoy the hotel having read the reviews on here i had hoped for more.
First the bad:
The rooms are small and i was expecting this so this wasnt an issue. Our room had no view other than a section of roof and another building most room not overlooking the lake seemed to have poor views.
The bed was awful not only was it small it also had a very old matress the pillow were worse with all synthetic and lumpy. the hotel was also noisy so this didnt give us restful nights.
the restuarant was ok which given the price id ahve expectedd mroe, room server was very limited, food was poor and only avialble till midnight and after 8pm soup or a hot or coldsandwhich as the only option. At a £15 room charge id have expectedd more. the cafe was only open till 8pm so there wasnt much in the way of options. the restruant also seemed to run out of food regualalry the weggie fry up at breaskfast wasnt avialble during most of our stay.
Now on to the good stuff:
the staff were all freiendly and polite, the hotel was clean.
the gym and pool were excellent with a good range of cardio machines and a pool large enough to do lengths, the sauna and steam room were small which wasnt an issue as it was quite when i was there. the outside hot tub was broken which isnt an issue parat from the fact the sign looked as if it had been there for some time!
I cant recommend the hotel as the basics of food and rest are not fullfilled.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a most spectacular location on the shores of Windermere, Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa offers luxurious 4-star accommodation and a range of resort leisure facilities to suit all ages and abilities. Blue Smoke is a contemporary dining experience that offers British produce cooked on our South American wood-fired grill, or dine in the more traditional Windermere Restaurant. Langdale Lounge and Bar also gives the opportunity to eat throughout the day with views over the lake. Relax in The Spa and pamper yourself with a range of treatments designed to restore and energise. Swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and an outdoor hot tub with unrivalled views over the lake. The fitness suite boasts state of the equipment, a dance studio, squash court and personalised trainers. For the adventurous, the Watersports Centre offers instruction in water-skiing, canoeing, paddle-boarding and much more. Low Wood Bay is in the process of upgrading and will be reopening in 3 phases, as detailed below: 1st phase: Hotel re-opens 12 April. Guests can enjoy the complete refurbishment of all the previous hotel bedrooms, ‘The Windermere’ restaurant, 'Langdale Lounge' and Health Club facilities opens in May. New improved road entrance. 2nd phase: Opens July. The Spa, a new restaurant ‘Blue Smoke,’ additional outdoor leisure facilities and a new atrium space. Final phase: Opens October. All new block of ‘Club House’ rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda, LateRooms and TripOnline SA so you can book your Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Low Wood Bay Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Windermere
- Hotel Low Wood
- Low Wood Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa Windermere, Lake District