“We will definitely return”

Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Windermere
GreenLeadersGold level
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“We will definitely return”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here to celebrate my birthday. On our arrival there was a ballon and some lovely chocolates in our room.The hotel is wonderful and charming in a great location. The leisure facilities were great. We had a wonderful lake view which we could have sat and looked at for hours. We had a meal in the restaurant the food was excellent and the staff were really warm , friendly and super efficient. they had eve decorated our table for my birthday.The meal was also very good value and really we'll presented. In the morning the breakfast was served by the same efficient staff, who remembered us from the night before despite it being so busy. I had eggs Benedict made to order it was the best I have ever had. There was plenty of choice all well presented. We were very sorry to leave , but look forward to returning. I would recommend this hotel to all my friends and family.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dreamer63_10
MichelleCroukamp, Operations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Dear guest, many thanks for taking the time to post your rewarding review regarding your recent stay at Low Wood Bay to celebrate your Birthday, I am pleased that you liked the balloon and chocolates.

I also am pleased that you enjoyed your room with the lovely lake view and that you were able to make use of the leisure facilities. It was great to read that the restaurant met your expectations and that you found the staff to be very good. Once again thank you for your wonderful review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Kind regards Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Thai first
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night for a friends wedding reception. The location is stunning, the reception area and dining/breakfast room is decorated as expected for such a beautiful hotel. Unfortunately the room I stayed in was a massive disappointment, it was extremely dated. The furniture was old and cheap, the beds were like something from a hostel and the bathroom was like something from the 70's, not in-keeping with the hotel at all.
Really disappointed!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Katsalfie
Dear guest, I would first of all like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologise for not meeting with your expectations on this occasion. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to bring these issues to our attention.

Guest feedback is very important to us and your points will be discussed and actioned by myself and the team, for interest we are currently undergoing a refurbishment program which aims to upgrade the rooms that we feel need attention. Thank you once again for your review. And I do hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back to Low Wood Bay in the near future, Kind regards Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager
Windermere, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We found the hotel to be very professional yet providing a very personal experience. Their communication was excellent and they paid great attention to details. They took into consideration what our needs were and the food was very lovely, including the English breakfast. The environment was also lovely, very close walk to the lake, ample car parking space behind and it was also handy that they had a spa and gym next to it. We had a lovely experience and would definitely recommend either for a short break or occasions. We wanted a boat ride with our friends and the hotel organised this for us, taking the stress away from us.Thank you.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
MichelleCroukamp, Operations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your recent review regarding your visit to the hotel. It was a pleasure to read that you did have a good short break, it was also pleasing to read that the team were able to help organise a boat trip for you and your friends.

I was also very grateful that you felt that attention to detail was paid to you during your stay, we do aim to make all of our guest feel that they are looked after. I do hope that you give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future, Once again thank you for your review. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I have to say that the weekend we just had here was beautiful. The location is incredible, we stayed in room 237 and that was a lake view room. The staff there are friendly and polite and very helpful.
We had breakfast both mornings and there is such a selection to chose from the buffet you really are spoilt for choice.
We will be definitely be coming back here and will recommend it to anyone who is going to the lakes.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your wonderful review about hotel, I agree the hotel is very fortunate to have such amazing views and surroundings, I am glad you were able to appreciate them.

It was also very pleasing to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the food in the hotel and the service from our team. I have passed on your review to them all. Once again thank you and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Low Bay in the near future. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager
Cumbria
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just stayed here for 1 night for a friends wedding. Firstly we traveled to Low Wood thinking a nice glass of wine and a sandwich before getting ready would be a must to relax in the bistro, only to find out when we arrived no food would be served until 17.00 so we checked in and had to order room service to get a sandwich, when trying to order room service nobody responded to the phone so we had to go down to reception and ask. I can say at this point the staff I asked were brilliant and helpful. Sandwich in the room which would have been much nicer in the bistro enjoying the view of the lake.
Our room (48) was a twin but very small the beds were touching and it felt dated, carpet stained and window filthy, the beds well used and not a comfy sleep but clean and bathroom also dated.
I am from West Cumbria and have always wanted to stay here as I have driven past this hotel many a time thinking what a beautiful hotel with amazing views, the views are outstanding but the hotel is disappointing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Westcumbria77

Aldringham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights as part of a trip round the uk. We found the hotel very clean and comfortable and the room, although at the back , was very peaceful, handy for the car park and leisure club. The staff were very helpful, friendly and professional. We dined in the restaurant and the lounge bar, both meals were of a high standard. I left something behind at this hotel and when I phoned to enquire, the housekeeping dept were very helpful and said they would post the item to me the next day. The road outside is very busy which can make it difficult to cross or get out of the car park, patience needed. Would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest, thank you so much for your review about hotel, It was very pleasing to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the food in the hotel and the service from our team. I have passed on your review to them all especially the leisure club and the housekeeping team. Once again thank you and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Low Bay in the near future. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager
Cumbria, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Had a lovely weekend in windermere hotel very accommodating mix up with rooms not being adjacent as requested was sorted and we were reallocated very quickly. Food excellent and staff very pleasant lovely views noisy road - cant have everything!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent review about hotel. You may be interested to know that all Trip-advisor reviews are conveyed to the team and our directors. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager