Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa
$188
  • Breakfast included
$149
$144
Cedar Manor Hotel and Restaurant(Windermere)
$226
$103
$100
  • Breakfast included
The Windermere Hotel(Windermere)(Great Value!)
$67
Priceline
$105
$87
The Wild Boar(Windermere)
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,927 results
All reviewsblue smokeleisure clublake viewleisure facilitiesthe outdoor hot tubbusy roadbuilding workmain restaurantfeature roomlake districtlovely hotelkendal mint cakerestaurant staffsteam roomwedding partyhigh standardlots of choice
Reviewed September 8, 2013

As soon as we saw the low wood we knew we wanted to get married there! We don't live in Windermere and come from sheffield but planning the wedding was easy with a massive help from the low wood wedding co ordinators Gemma and rhea. Everything we wanted they accommodated for and helped make our wedding perfect. 90% of our wedding guests stayed in the hotel for the weekend and absolutely loved it and had the best time, so many people have commented on how good our wedding was and how much they loved the venue and the location and would love to stay there again. Another thing all of our guests commented on was the food at the wedding breakfast and evening reception, it was fantastic. We had a weekend there before the wedding for food tasting and loved every minute and were even allowed to change our meal slightly from the menu to personalise it to us which was amazing!
We had an hour boat ride around the lake after the wedding breakfast which our guest loved and the fantastic weather helped especially as we could sit outside and enjoy the beautiful gardens and view!
We couldn't of asked for a better wedding day everything went perfect from start to finish and the best thing was it was affordable for all our friends and family to join us and seeing that they genuinely loved it from start to finish too! The hotel staff and especially the wedding co ordinators couldn't do enough and we couldn't thank them enough! Just wish we could do it all again and we now can't wait for our complimentary stay on out first wedding anniversary!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Sarahh2907
MichelleCroukamp, Operations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear Sarah H, thank you for your wonderful and heartfelt review about your wedding day at Low Wood. I am so pleased that you chose Low Wood Bay for your special day.

I am glad that in the build up and on the day you were well looked after by Gemma, Rea and the team, I will ensure your comments are read by the whole team, and on behalf of the team thank you.

I am pleased that you and you’re your family and friends enjoyed all aspects of your wedding day at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for your first wedding anniversary in 2014. Once again congratulations. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Low Wood Bay Hotel had a great 3 days greeted by member of staff gave us our room 400 overlooking the Japanese Garden. dinning room looking out to the lake, lovely food, breakfast buffet with plenty to choose from, room had lovely big bed two comfy chairs, bathroom lovely would recommend this hotel booked through superbreaks.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
MichelleCroukamp, Operations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent wonderful review about hotel. You may be interested to know that all Trip-advisor reviews are conveyed to the team and our directors. We hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the future Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager

Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 1 week in Aug 13', I was a little worried when we were offer a “featured” room but not a family room, as we had two children (one is over 16.) but to our surprise the room was quite big. The staff was very helpful with given us information on what to see and do around the area.

The room service was very nice as I was thought we were quite demanding with needing milk in the evening for my little girl and fresh no diary milk for our evening coffee. The staff was friendly and quick.

The breakfast was really nice and the staff was helpful and friendly. We loved the usage of the pool and gym.

The only thing we were not happy about is the room were not clean as well as we would liked, the rooms were cleaned with bed made etc... But if we had food service the plats were never removed unless we ask them to do it.

So if you happen to order food in the evening you may have to tell the room service/ reception to remove the plates etc, as the room cleaners don't remove when cleaning the room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest, thank you for your recent wonderful review about hotel, it was very pleasing to read that you thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and its facilities including the leisure club as well as the breakfast in the Windermere restaurant. But I am especially grateful for your comments about our team, we are very proud of them and I agree they are attentive and friendly, Once again thank you and I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Low Bay in the near future. Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Mr Mrs Bowker We stayed at Low wood bay 1st to 3rd of Sept '13 We had an offer of 2 nights bed and breakfast with 1st night dinner included .The room was the basic hotel room but was very clean and bed very comfortable. Staff were welcoming and without exception helpful and polite.The style of the hotel is classic comfort. The restaurant meals provided were of a high standard. The lakeside location is very beautful and we enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank nirvana2010

Dear Mr and Mrs Bowker, Thank you for your recent wonderful review about hotel, it was pleasing to read that you found your room clean and the bed comfortable. I would especially like to thank you for the lovely comments about our team – we are very proud of them all. It was also great to read that you enjoyed your meals taken in the Windermere restaurant.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed two nights end of Aug in luxury suite very specious, clean and airy overlooking the backside of the hotel, Staff were attentive and helpful .. My mom got a bee sting, Staff were excellent and very quick in helping us in dealing with the situation.

The Hotel location is nice in the middle between bowness-on-Windermere and Ambleside .. Closer to Ambleside approx 10-15 mins walk.

I was a bit disappointed with the smell in some part of the hotel becuase of the carpet.

Another major disappointment was the 3 steps that we weren't told about, my brother is on a wheelchair and to reach our room there's 3 steps that we weren't told about at the time of booking! I have asked them several time if it was fully accessiable and I got several confirmation that it was!! But we were shocked we were handed the room that there's 3 steps! Very disappointing especially that we paid 524 GBP for two night only!!! Which honestly I didn't find the hotel worth this amount! I have stayed in the most luxurious & modern hotels in Manchester and London at lower rate or similar rate!

We have agreed to get the room in this rate just for the accessibility! But really felt ripped off when I discovered the 3 steps!!

In addition to that I have mentioned from the beginning that we are 4 members and got confirmation that 524 for one room for 4 person! Upon check out they try to charge me for an extra bed which was not as agreed! But when I told them that I have an email & confirmation email stating that I only have to pay 524 .. The staff went and called the reservation and confirm that there was No agreement to pay extra charges for the bed so they excluded them and we only paid GBP 524 which I still find a lot!

• Stayed: August 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for your recent review about hotel, it was gratifying to read that you mainly enjoyed your stay, I do hope your Mum did not suffer too much form the bee sting, they can be very uncomfortable.

I am however extremely sorry that you had problems with the wheelchair access and the final charges for your accommodation. I would welcome the chance to speak to you about this in person as I am unable to ascertain from your profile when you may have stayed and which rooms you would have been allocated as we do have dedicated wheelchair friendly rooms that do not have any steps or obstacles of such description. I am so sorry that you experienced these issues.

I would welcome the opportunity to speak to you about this should you have the time to do so - Kind Regards, Michelle Croukamp, Operations Manager