We stayed at this hotel on the 29th and 30th of October 2012. Booking was easy and booking in at reception was easy too. We were a little early to be given the key to the room, as the room was only ready at 3pm, but we knew this and so went for a walk into Ambleside. The room was great, had everything we needed. It was very clean and tidy. A few tiny cobwebs were missed during cleaning though over the top of the pelmets, but I left a note accordingly. The bathroom was large and took a while to warm up, but the shower made up for it as it was lovely and warm. We found that the floor would get extremely wet, and worked out that the shower curtain didn't go right round the roll top bath, and so water splashed out cause a puddle.
We went into the hotel restaurant on the Monday night, and cannot fault the food. It was delicious and the waiters was very attentive. The room itself had lovely decor and later we moved into the lounge area. Unfortunately the bar in the lounge area was closed, but the waiter was able to get drinks it they were required.
Breakfast was lovely, with great choice. Hot cooked breakfast or cereals, yogurts and fruit, cold meats, muffins, porridge, you could also order kippers or salmon at an extra cost.
The highlight for us was the leisure centre. We loved the jacuzzi but the main delight for us was the hot tub, which you had to just nip just out side of the leisure centre to get to, but it was only a few steps, once in it, it was fantastic, and you could see the sun going down over the lake.
All in all we really enjoyed the stay and on checking out were given a 10% discount for a return visit. I would definately stay here again I thoroughly enjoyed it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a most spectacular location on the shores of Windermere, Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa offers luxurious 4-star accommodation and a range of resort leisure facilities to suit all ages and abilities. Blue Smoke is a contemporary dining experience that offers British produce cooked on our South American wood-fired grill, or dine in the more traditional Windermere Restaurant. Langdale Lounge and Bar also gives the opportunity to eat throughout the day with views over the lake. Relax in The Spa and pamper yourself with a range of treatments designed to restore and energise. Swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and an outdoor hot tub with unrivalled views over the lake. The fitness suite boasts state of the equipment, a dance studio, squash court and personalised trainers. For the adventurous, the Watersports Centre offers instruction in water-skiing, canoeing, paddle-boarding and much more. Low Wood Bay is in the process of upgrading and will be reopening in 3 phases, as detailed below: 1st phase: Hotel re-opens 12 April. Guests can enjoy the complete refurbishment of all the previous hotel bedrooms, ‘The Windermere’ restaurant, 'Langdale Lounge' and Health Club facilities opens in May. New improved road entrance. 2nd phase: Opens July. The Spa, a new restaurant ‘Blue Smoke,’ additional outdoor leisure facilities and a new atrium space. Final phase: Opens October. All new block of ‘Club House’ rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and LateRooms so you can book your Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Low Wood Bay Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Windermere
- Hotel Low Wood
- Low Wood Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa Windermere, Lake District