We stayed in the hotel for two nights as it was our 35th wedding anniversary and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and the service was generally very good. The room was clean and comfortable with all of the expected amenities, but I have stayed in better equally priced hotel rooms. The leisure facilities were very good. We had a bar snack on the first evening, which was very good and the second evening we booked into the main restaurant for evening meal and the quality of the food was excellent. There are a number of very comfortable and private seating areas to chill out and have a quiet relaxing drink. The only negative note was that I discovered a long hair in my breakfast, which was reported, but when I collected a fresh breakfast the same thing occurred. This was reported to the manager who offered an immediate apology.
Despite this, I would recommend the hotel to anyone who wished to visit this part of the Lake District and would return myself in the future
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a most spectacular location on the shores of Windermere, Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa offers luxurious 4-star accommodation and a range of resort leisure facilities to suit all ages and abilities. Blue Smoke is a contemporary dining experience that offers British produce cooked on our South American wood-fired grill, or dine in the more traditional Windermere Restaurant. Langdale Lounge and Bar also gives the opportunity to eat throughout the day with views over the lake. Relax in The Spa and pamper yourself with a range of treatments designed to restore and energise. Swimming pool, sauna, steam room, and an outdoor hot tub with unrivalled views over the lake. The fitness suite boasts state of the equipment, a dance studio, squash court and personalised trainers. For the adventurous, the Watersports Centre offers instruction in water-skiing, canoeing, paddle-boarding and much more. Low Wood Bay is in the process of upgrading and will be reopening in 3 phases, as detailed below: 1st phase: Hotel re-opens 12 April. Guests can enjoy the complete refurbishment of all the previous hotel bedrooms, ‘The Windermere’ restaurant, 'Langdale Lounge' and Health Club facilities opens in May. New improved road entrance. 2nd phase: Opens July. The Spa, a new restaurant ‘Blue Smoke,’ additional outdoor leisure facilities and a new atrium space. Final phase: Opens October. All new block of ‘Club House’ rooms and suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, Agoda, TripOnline SA and LateRooms so you can book your Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Low Wood Bay Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Windermere
- Hotel Low Wood
- Low Wood Hotel Windermere
- Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa Windermere, Lake District