“Good and bad”

Cuisines: Bar
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Food - My girlfriend enjoyed her lasagne, my burger was something you'd expect from a burger van. Horrid plastic cheese and one limp piece of bacon not worth the 99p it cost.

Service - Never had a waiter who seemed like he didn't like his job so much. Quite unattentive but managed to sort out me having "bar food" in the "resturant". Had to wait quite a while for our bill considering we were quite clearly finished for some time.

Atmosphere - What atmosphere? Quiet and felt awkward eating there.

Diana1965, Owner at The Queens Pub, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

thankyou for your review, we have a lot of complements about our burger and chips see review GREAT BURGER & CHIPS, which is only £6.95 most places around here are lot more expensive than us. our menu is the same up stair in the restaurant as the bar (home cooked pub food) up stars is not used much in the daytime as most people prefer to eat down stair or outside, up stairs is a lot quieter which some people like. I will show your review to the waiter who served you.

There are newer reviews for The Queens Pub

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We called in here for a mid afternoon meal, should have kept walking.
My partner wanted scampi and chips which come with peas; she noticed another dish on the menu comes with mushy peas so when ordered we requested if she could have mushy instead of garden pea, the request was met with a smirk and an "i'll try" comment. The result was that her dish came with neither and no further mention from waitress or bar. The same barman who took the order was pre occupied with waiting for the sky man to ring, to the extent that he twice left customers mid order to answer ringing phones.
Sticky tables, filthy floors and enough food on the back of the waitresses blouse to feed a child are enough to make sure we wont return.
I wish I had read other reviews before going here, the responses of the owner to other reviews would have made sure it didnt get a 1st visit from us

1  Thank EddiePritlove
Reviewed August 2, 2013

this pub was ok, for food, and prices, not the best place ive eaten but not the worse either, prices wasnt too bad, and very close to the b&b we stayed in, we ate here twice on our 4 day stay in windermere

thankyou for your review, I hope you come again, July and August are very busy, May and June are very nice as their is a lot of colour with the wild blue bells and blossom.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We went to the Queens Hotel with an intention to eat, had drinks first. The barman was miserable and unfriendly. We left after one round of drinks and ate elsewhere. Not sure what was going on with him; it certainly was not busy, it seemed he just wasn't interested. The menu looked great though.

Diana1965, Owner at The Queens Pub, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thank you for your review, sorry about the bar man, I would like to know which bar man it was, we have a lot of casual staff this time of year.We do have a very good menu, plus two 8oz sirloin steaks for £20 on Mondays & Thursday so I hope you come back.

Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff & the pub was quite full it was a Saturday & food was a good big portion service was good to didnt wait more than 20 minutes for our order even though the pub was quite full would go again

Diana1965, Owner at The Queens Pub, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

thankyou for your review, I will share it with my staff, I hope you will come back again.