“Such good fun!”

Treetop Trek
Ranked #2 of 4 Fun & Games in Windermere
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Come and try our exciting 35 treetop challenges, designed to make you swing, climb, balance and fly through the ancient oak woodland canopy. You'll be connected securely to our unique continuous safety cable which enables all ages and abilities from 5yrs upwards to join in the fun. To top it all off you will be able to race friends and family down our three parallel 250 metre zip wires taking in spectacular views of the fells and Lake Windermere. Perfect for Friends, Families, Celebrations, Groups, Parties, School, Youth & Corporate Events... the outdoors has never been this much fun!
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We had an amazing day out at Brockhole Treetop Trek, I don't have a great head for highs so this was a bit of a battle from the start. You begin with the low level rope section, this looks like nothing from the ground but when you actually up there it really does feel high, this low section allows you to get to grips with traversing along the ropes and gets you ready for the real deal....the high ropes. Great fun day out, staff are very supportive, as I did need a bit of encouragement throw myself down the zip wire!

Give it a go, you might surprise yourself!

2  Thank Mighty O

Reviewed October 25, 2012

An excellent and exciting few hours spent with my 7 and 8 year old. We went for the green/lower course as one child is not great with heights. By the end of the session both were v keen to return for the higher course! Great result. Zip wire at end is fabulous too...... So all in all a really great couple of hours. The safety chat at the start is r r looooong..... Kids got r bored, shame as tho important it could be condensed. It took 45 mins!! But the course is really safe, staff very enthusiastic and positive... If in doubt, go for it!

1  Thank Sassatunta
Reviewed October 17, 2012

The experiance was great. My 3 kids (14, 11 and 8) my housband and I realy liked it. The team is great, all have lots of patint and kindness. I never zipped before, and now I assume it was just because I never felt so secure. I highly recommand this outdoor activity.

2  Thank IlanitG
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

This is a relatively new attraction at brockhole. It is very similar to go ape but with a much better attachment system, there is no hooking on and off, once you are attached, that's out for the whole climbing section. The high ropes course is split into 2 main sections with a mammoth zip write at the end. The 1st section is the easier section which is available for 5 years plus (don't be fooled by the low age limit - it still isn't easy!), the second section is much higher and is available for those 7 years plus.

A really good high types course with plenty of challenges, I think I prefer it over go ape for the attachment system I mentioned above. We went in a weekend in October, there was little in the way of queues. The staff are helpful and attentive for the most. I would say keep an eyer on your safety harness, mine did come loose at one point through no fault of my own, I was perfectly safe at all points though.

Not for the faint hearted our those with height issues!

2  Thank Caroline G
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Only 10 min walk from our accomodation but now parking charges in place still think its well worth a visit the area is lovely with access to lake windermere and shop and cafe very inviting.
My kids age 13 and 9 wanted to do this trek and there is a choice of a lower (Green Trek) and for the more adventurous a higher (Blue Trek). My younger child needed an adult with him and I having never done anything like it before agreed to go with them. I loved it and my kids thought it was the best thing they did on holiday. My daughter who is fearless continued on to the Blue trek which is an option if you were comfortable with the green, my son, husband and I were happy to watch. The instructor we had was called Vicky and she was really friendly and kept us right. We all loved the huge zip wire at the end and I would do it again.

1  Thank nblane