We spent Christmas at Applegarth, our first one ever away and we have no regrets.
The atmosphere was brilliant, all the little touches made it seem very Christmassy.
Like mince pies in our room, a stocking on your bedroom door, tasteful decorations around the hotel, and sherry, mince pie and carrot left for Santa and his reindeer on Xmas eve.The staff were great, our room (Number 7) was gorgous and the food devine. Compliments to the chef.
No children was a plus for us too.
Quizzes were available and a race night on Boxing Day was very enjoyable.
Applegarth is situated in Windermere itself and is and ideal base for seeing the Lakes.
Shopping Xmas Eve in Keswick was great we even saw some snow !!!!
Walking to the Lake on Christmas Day was also good.......everyone wishing each other a Merry Christmas.
On the whole a very relaxing break hardest decision was what to drink at the bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Applegarth Villa is truly a rare find being the only 5 gold star guest accommodation with on-site bar & restaurant with AA restaurant award, situated in Windermere in the very heart of the Lake District. Offering individual luxury accommodation of the highest standard together with our newly appointed suites all with a hot tub, this magnificent Villa is unique to Windermere. Having both an Award winning restaurant serving only the best locally sourced regional produce and a cosy oak panelled bar with roaring fire and one of the finest Whisky selection in the area, this is the perfect place to spend the evening after enjoying a day in the Lakes. Who would want to venture out on a cold winters evenings with everything you need in one magnificent building. Equally our summer terrace is the perfect outdoor space to dine in warmer weather whilst enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sunset over the distant fells from your hot tub. With plenty of secure on site parking this makes Applegarth the perfect choice for your stay in the lakes. To compliment this magnificent building, all our rooms are fully coordinated with fabrics and soft furnishings carefully chosen by our interior designer. Luxurious bathrooms, wall mounted flat screen TV's, free hi speed internet access,suites with hot tubs, refreshment tray, bottled Lakeland water and bathrobes all come as standard! In consideration of our many guests who join us to escape family and business pressures, we are unable to welcome children. Our guest accommodation offers everything you would come to expect from Windermere hotels, including a public bar, a beautiful 40 cover conservatory restaurant, a large private floodlit car park. ADULT ONLY ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Applegarth Villa and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applegarth Villa & Jr`s Restaurant Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Villa And Jr`s Restaurant
- Applegarth Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Villa And Restaurant Windermere, Lake District