My boyfriend and I have just returned from a two night stay in the applegarth. The hotel is in a great location; a few short steps and you are in Windermere village. The reception and bar area is elegant and spacious with plenty of seating and wonderful views. Our room (15) being small yet comfortable with an iPod player, flat screen and power shower. The bed was quite hard but I think this is personal taste. The room was quiet at night with no noise from the road considering we were at the front of the hotel. The owners and staff at the applegarth are all very friendly and pleasant; northing is too much trouble and as a guest you are made to feel special.
The spa that we used in the Old England hotel in Bowness was modern and spotless but we found it hard to relax as there were childrens swimming lessons taking place when we used it (at around 5.00pm)
Jr's restaurant is fabulous. We dined on both nights and were really impressed. The menu being extensive and locally sourced.
Do not listen to any bad reviews, this hotel is perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Applegarth Villa is truly a rare find being the only 5 gold star guest accommodation with on-site bar & restaurant with AA restaurant award, situated in Windermere in the very heart of the Lake District. Offering individual luxury accommodation of the highest standard together with our newly appointed suites all with a hot tub, this magnificent Villa is unique to Windermere. Having both an Award winning restaurant serving only the best locally sourced regional produce and a cosy oak panelled bar with roaring fire and one of the finest Whisky selection in the area, this is the perfect place to spend the evening after enjoying a day in the Lakes. Who would want to venture out on a cold winters evenings with everything you need in one magnificent building. Equally our summer terrace is the perfect outdoor space to dine in warmer weather whilst enjoying a glass of wine and watching the sunset over the distant fells from your hot tub. With plenty of secure on site parking this makes Applegarth the perfect choice for your stay in the lakes. To compliment this magnificent building, all our rooms are fully coordinated with fabrics and soft furnishings carefully chosen by our interior designer. Luxurious bathrooms, wall mounted flat screen TV's, free hi speed internet access,suites with hot tubs, refreshment tray, bottled Lakeland water and bathrobes all come as standard! In consideration of our many guests who join us to escape family and business pressures, we are unable to welcome children. Our guest accommodation offers everything you would come to expect from Windermere hotels, including a public bar, a beautiful 40 cover conservatory restaurant, a large private floodlit car park. ADULT ONLY ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Applegarth Villa and Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Applegarth Villa & Jr`s Restaurant Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Villa And Jr`s Restaurant
- Applegarth Hotel Windermere
- Applegarth Villa And Restaurant Windermere, Lake District