We stayed here for 3 nights whilst visiting the comic art festival in Kendal and it was totally fine for that purpose, it was the cheapest option by far and comfortable enough. Yes, it was a bit smelly in our room (bit of lingering sweat from previous occupants), but the location in brilliant and you can't complain for the price, particularly if getting a private room is important to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the popular town of Windermere, Lake District Backpackers has an unbeatable location. A 2 minute walk from Windermere Train and Bus station makes it ideal for anyone travelling from afar. The tourist information centre is a stone's throw away, with a host of walks to choose from all of which can be accessed from the hostel itself. We offer a warm, cosy atmosphere where people can sit back and relax after a day of exploring The Lakes. You will find: 19 beds - 1 x 6 bed female dormitory, 2 mixed dormitories of four beds, 2 private rooms (one 3 beds, one 2 beds)Self-catering kitchen (including free breakfast), Hot showers, Free Wireless, Sky TV in common room, Washing facilities, Lockers & Bike Storage, Info on guided walks & cycle hire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Lake District Backpackers Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake District Backpackers Hotel Windermere
- Lake District Backpackers Lodge Windermere