We paid £15 pp/pn - just £2.50 less each than other stunning, clean hostels across the UK and Scotland. This place was well below standard. Old grotty mattresses and pillows. No locks on doors - hence no security. It was damp and our room smelt appalling.
It needs completely updating - even if that means putting the price up a bit! Currently revolting and not recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the popular town of Windermere, Lake District Backpackers has an unbeatable location. A 2 minute walk from Windermere Train and Bus station makes it ideal for anyone travelling from afar. The tourist information centre is a stone's throw away, with a host of walks to choose from all of which can be accessed from the hostel itself. We offer a warm, cosy atmosphere where people can sit back and relax after a day of exploring The Lakes. You will find: 19 beds - 1 x 6 bed female dormitory, 2 mixed dormitories of four beds, 2 private rooms (one 3 beds, one 2 beds)Self-catering kitchen (including free breakfast), Hot showers, Free Wireless, Sky TV in common room, Washing facilities, Lockers & Bike Storage, Info on guided walks & cycle hire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld so you can book your Lake District Backpackers Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lake District Backpackers Hotel Windermere
- Lake District Backpackers Lodge Windermere