Ways to Experience Rydal Water
from $38.70
from $67.09
from $77.41
More Info
All reviews white moss stepping stones car park coffin route lovely walk loughrigg terrace low level walk grasmere lake circular walk easy walk dove cottage enjoyable walk stunning views lovely place couple of hours caves path
Selected filters
Reviewed January 31, 2019

nice little steady walk quite a nice location although i can imagine it gets very bust during the summer .

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed January 28, 2019

Rydal Water is a very, very special and tiny gem within the crown of the Lake District. It's surrounded by beautiful, awe-inspiring fells and rugged crags, which take your breath away, whether they are bright summer green against a cloudless sky, wrapped in autumn russet or snow-topped. I have enjoyed swimming there in the height of summer and the depths of winter. The walk through the surrounding forest to reach the lake from the car park just adds to its charm - it's not as easily accessible as many of the other lakes, and thus remains a peaceful and idyllic spot.

Date of experience: October 2018
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

Park here at your peril. We received a £50 parking fine despite having paid. I couldn't find my parking ticket and didn't think one had been issued. Parking company Park With Ease absolutely adamant we had not paid. I asked if thee could be a problen with their systen and was told absolutely not. The owner of the car park Lowther Estates ignored my emails for help. Thankfully received my m and s bill for the month which showed the payment. Sent this through to the parking company who then cancelled the fine. I asked for an explanation as to why this had been issued in the first place and they said the connection drops out sometimes????!!!! Avoid their car parks.

Date of experience: November 2018
1  Thank 348jaynel
Reviewed January 21, 2019

Its a lovely easy walk with so many nice places nearby. The cave is brilliant but is busy during holidays so getting a peaceful pic can be tricky. Wordsworth house is not far away and Rydal church is nice to pop in and get some photos

Date of experience: November 2018
Reviewed December 18, 2018

A very relaxing walk. I went with my family and I would definitely go again. The lake was very stunning and although when I went it was raining it didn't affect the atmosphere.

Date of experience: August 2018