“Absolutely Perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Windermere
NikNak82
“Absolutely Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

Just a quick message to Faye, Clare and all the team at Langdale Chase....

We can't really even begin to put into words how fantastically, amazing our day was.

From the first day we walked into the hotel 18 months before the big day, throughout all the planning and especially for the 2 days that our guests joined us in the Lake District, the service, help and advise offered was second to none.

The team far exceeded our every expectation in envisaging our ideas and turning them into reality, with exceptional coordination leaving us to enjoy our time at Langdale completely carefree in the run up to the nuptuals.

Guests were astounded and delighted at such a unique venue, and well coordinated day, words such as "magical", "beautiful", "picturesque" and "perfect" have been flying around for months, and we're still made up to see family and friends light up whenever they look back on our wedding.

So thank you all for giving us the most perfect day, it was everything we imagined, plus a whole lot more!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
wiltshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2010

Andrew Amy and all the staff at the Hotel are fantastic and really offer a huge kindness and love in their hospitality. I got married in the hotel and it was an absolute dream come true. Every little detail was catered for and all the staff went out of their way to make the day special. nothing was too much trouble. The food was fantastic. I would adbolutely recommend Langdale Chase Hotel as a wedding venue, the hotel is magnificent, the area and views are stunning and the staff are now life long friends.
Thank you so much for everything.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Staffordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2010

We recently celebrated our wedding day at the Langdale Chase hotel along with 68 close family and friends, i really do not know where to start with the comments about the hotel and the service we received not only on the day but also during the 12 months of planning leading up to the event. My Husband and I tied the knot on Sunday 7th March, the weather could not have been any more perfect if a little bit cold, this allowed us to make the most of the stunning scenary outside for our photographs. In the event of the weather being wet there are certainly lots of options for photographs in doors especially in the Baronial hall where there is a stunning stained glass window with the beautiful oak staircase, this is also a stunning entrance for any bride to make to the Civil service. I would like to say a big thank you to each and every member of staff that helped make our day perfect, they were on hand for anything however big or small although we did feel that they were not intrusive to us or our guests which certainly makes you feel relaxed. The food was amazing and any changes we requested were accomodated, we chose a Lemon Meringue for dessert which was not within the Wedding breakfast choice although the hotel were more than happy to allow us to make the change. My Husband and I visited this hotel on numerous occasions leading up to the wedding and can honestly say that we feel at home each time, may be this is because of the personal touch you receive from the staff. If you are reading this review and considering booking Langdale Chase for your wedding i would not hesitate at the opportunity,not only did our guests enjoy the scenary and the ambiance but has a bride i felt that the planning and the wedding day ran smoothly due to the experiance of the staff which are like a little family.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank CoxStaffordshire
Durham City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2010

I recently got married at this hotel. I found Claire & Tom Noblet plus thier wedding co-ordinatore Amy to be dedicated professionals and they made the day perfect. The hotel is in a perfect location and the building itself is steeped in history. It is not a modern plastic hotel with a uniform corperate images with robotic staff. The hotel is warm, friendly and the service is personal. Do what we did, check it out, have a coffee and walk around the building and grounds and ask lots of questions of the staff who were very approachable

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Pacracer
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2010

We stayed here for three nights. We were looking for somewhere that we could take our dog and where we could chill out for a few days - eat, drink, read and walk. This is a beautiful location. We had a large room with quite spectacular views (room 8). It is an old house with a stately wooden entrace room which is really very grand. I gather that it is used for weddings quite alot (and I can see why - its beautiful) but we didn't come across any. My only comment about the rooms are that the floors are wooden so you can hear your neighbours fairly clearly - but something about fresh country air put to me into a deep slumber most nights so apart from noticing it initially it really didn't disrupt my stay.

I read other reviews which talk about the price of drinks. I don't agree with this, however I guess it depends what you drink. I thought the price of the food and drinks was quite reasonable for a hotel of this style. The food was much better than I thought it would be (so much so that we ate there for almost every meal). A bottle of pinot noir was about £28 - which, for this particular bottle, I didn't think was too bad. You can buy a glass for £5, which I think is about what you would pay in a half decent pub or cafe.

The hotel itself is very dog friendly and although you cannot take your pooch into the restaurant, you can take your meals (with your best mate) in the wonderful piano room or in the conservatory - both of which have fabulous views. Great grounds to take Ruffus out for a stretch and they also have a large enclosed dog run.

All in all this hotel exceeded my expectations and I would recommend it to anyone who wants to get away from it for a few peaceful days.

2 Thank Gustofers_travels
Cheshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2010

Firstly, I would just like to say that I rated this hotel 2 stars from a possible 5 simply because of the views from the room otherwise it would have just been 1 star.

I was excited upon arrival at the prospect of staying at such a grand hotel. I arrived and checked in at the reception no problem and before we went to the £250 per night superior, deluxe room, we took a look around the downstairs of the hotel. You could smell the 'antiques and oldness' about the place and it was indeed very grand.......then......we went into the room.

Again, you could smell the oldness about the place BUT, this wasn't from the antiques as there were none in the room, it was from the damp and coldness about the place. I had booked that particular room (number 17 i'm sure) as the brochure and video on the website made it look fantastic.......how wrong I was. The old wallpaper was in places coming away from the walls, there was damp in numerous places, the bedding was shabby and the wardrobes were dated. There was a small radiator to heat up a large and very cold room. Some of the windows didn't open and a couple of the ones that did, I thought were going to fall off the hinges as the window panes were so old and flaking with paint. Also, there were still signs of a used room from the previous guests - nothing too bad but none-the-less, from a so called quality hotel you would expect the room to be cleaned to a certain standard! The only good thing I can say about the room was the view, but save yourself a small fortune and buy a postcard of the same view instead.

I can only suggest if you want to see the hotel, grounds and inside, turn up first and look around for a few minutes then drive away and book somewhere cheaper and cleaner.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Gazzafs
TNoblett, Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2010
Firstly why has it taken seven months to compile a report. The hotel certainly does not smell musty and old, indeed it is an old building, and shabby it is not. We have five dedicated hard working members of our cleaning who go over and beyond to keep this hotel work of art in tip top condition. We also have a team of maintenance personnel who react to any problems or upkeep that may arise. We have an extensive annual renovation plan in place at all times. The hotel does get busy and has its usual customer traffic and where and tear associated with this will occur, but is rectified as soon as we are aware of it.
However 99% of our feed back is positive on situation, service and customer satisfaction. If our guests are not happy then please let us know at the time where we do our utmost to rectify the situation. You will also find that our pricing strategies are very competitive with other establishments in the area.
Wales
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

Just come back from a wedding here....and it was beautiful. We stayed in the Lake House and were impressed with our room. Had a lovely big balcony with views over the lake. The room was clean and fairly modern in design. The bathroom was huge...with the best shower I have had in a hotel so far! Surprisingly the bed was quite hard, so didn't get the best nights sleep. But really can't fault the room. The setting of this hotel is spectacular with stunning views form most windows in the place. The only down side to this place is the cost of drink...talk about daylight robbery...2.70 for a pint of coke. They must be raking it in!! Bought a pint and a short and it came to just under 9.00! Now I know hotels put their prices up...but this was ridiculous!! Seriously take a bottle to this place or take out a loan!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles