“Best view I have ever enjoyed!”

Langdale Chase Hotel
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Windermere
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Best view I have ever enjoyed!”
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We stayed at this lovely hotel for a wedding. It has the most stunning view and the staff could not have been more helpful throughout. The rooms we stated in were enormous, with very comfortable beds and modern bathrooms although the showers could have done with a mat - they were quite slippy. Breakfast was good with plenty of choice. Wifi was a little weak at the top of the building, but good in the bar and restaurant. We ate in the evening and for lunch - excellent quality food. The wedding itself was absolutely stunning and I think it must be one of the best places for these events in the North west.

Room Tip: The rooms at the top have the best views - no 26 has a virtual panorama of the lake.
2 Thank Sarah S
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review following your visit for a friends wedding. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us, we do however provide bath mats in all bedrooms, as a matter of course, but I do apologise if one was missed out of your bedroom. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

Andrew Tighe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I first visited the hotel in May 2013 to enquire a about holding our wedding here. From the onset, we were hooked. The gardens and views were breathtaking. We had arranged to meet the general manager Andrew who walked us through what they could offer without rushing us or pressuring us to make a decision. After some free refreshments, we were allowed to wander the hotel taking in its features as well as looking around the hall and several rooms all in our own pace. We were made to feel valued and had no hesitation in booking our wedding for Aug 2014.
In the lead up, the hotel were in constant contact to finalise the plans with further visits to view the hotel. The preparations by the hotel were excellent and the staff made us feel everything we wanted was possible. No hassle at all which made the rest of the organisation easy. We booked 3 nights and arranged rooms for another 32 guests, again without any hassle. We were allowed early check in as were some of our guests.
Our room was amazing (room 20) and was quite big. No complaints at all, very clean spacious and very comfortable. The lounge area of the room was perfect , with amazing views in every direction.
Our wedding day went as planned and the communication between the staff and ourselves was second to none ensuring we got exactly what we wanted. The staff were very polite and friendly too.
Overall, as a guest of the hotel and in terms of the wedding and the help given by the staff it was faultless. If you are thinking of a wedding in the lakes or are looking for somewhere to stay would highly recommend this hotel. We have even booked up up for our first wedding anniversary in Aug 15 and have no doubt will be staying regularly after that.

The Thompsons.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so pleased that your wedding was everything you imagined, and we look forward to you celebrating your 1st Wedding Anniversary with us.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2014

My husband, daughter and I have just had 2 nights at the Langdale Chase, and I would just like to say what a beautiful hotel it is! Our room in the Lake House part of the hotel was very comfortable and spotlessly clean, with an absolutely stunning view of the lake and hills. The main building of the hotel is very atmospheric and again, all public areas were immaculate.
Breakfast was fine, as were the bar meals we had.
All the staff were polite and friendly but I would just like to say hello to our favourite member of staff, Gladmiral (the dog)!! Soooo cute but don't let his sad eyes deceive you into giving him treats!!

Room Tip: Ask for the Lake House if possible for peace and tranquillity, and the views!!
2 Thank Bobbi131112
Thank you so much for your lovely review following your recent stay with your family. I am so pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay at the hotel. I will pass on your lovely comments about the team, and hopefully we will see you at the hotel in the near future,

trawden
Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were treat by my father in law to a one night stay.
We wish we had been there longer!
The views were amazing the room was extremely spacious with a balcony overlooking the lake and a huge bathroom with seperate bath and shower! Nice comfy chairs . Think it was room 2?? Or 3 :/
We had a bottle of bubbly waiting in the room on arrival which went down a treat!,
We ate in the hotels restaurant and the food was quite fancy and tasted good, my husband wasn't overly keen on the meal as he would rather have a traditional pub type meal, I loved it though!
Breakfast was fab
Would definitely return and recommend to others!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sez23
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay with us, and I am so pleased you enjoyed your breakaway. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed August 18, 2014

We stayed in the. Lake house on Wednesday 5 August, as strange as it will sound to anyone who knows me I was pretty much lost for words, the accommodation was outstanding, immaculate in cleanliness and very modern and pristine. The views of the lake from our balcony matched the room, oh and the extra large free standing tub was to die for.

We had lunch in the main building which again proved to be excellent both in terms of food ad service.

I cannot recommend this place at the staff highly enough. Even if you are not staying overnight, call in for afternoon tea.

Outstanding.

1 Thank mark r
Thank you so much for your lovely review following your recent stay in our Lakehouse. This area of the hotel really is the Jewell in our Crown. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stayed at Langdale Chase for my daughter's wedding on 9th August 2014. The whole day was perfect from the minute we arrived ...... in fact looking back at the preparation for the wedding Andrew (wedding organiser) and all staff we corresponded with have been courteous, kind and accommodating. The wedding was amazing. There are some very lovely staff employed at the hotel and I couldn't find fault with anything. The service was amazing and the room for the wedding breakfast looked fabulous. The hotel has such character and lots of different little rooms where you can relax. The views are the most perfect I have seen in the Lake District and nearly all the bedrooms have gorgeous views. I would certainly recommend a stay here for a special occasion and if you are thinking of having your wedding here I don't think you could find anywhere better.

Amazing ...... 10/10. Thank you to all the staff and to Andrew for making my daughter and new son in laws day so special.

Room Tip: Room 7 was lovely. My daughter and son in law were in room 20 which was amazing
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review and your kind words regarding your Daughters wedding last week. I am so pleased that you enjoyed all enjoyed your celebration with us, and we look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2014

I have just had my perfect wedding day at the langdale chase hotel. When I visited this hotel for a wedding fayre I knew this was where I wanted to get married as soon as I saw the setting and the baronial hall. Staff and manager Andrew were very welcoming, Andrew took the time to show us around the hotel and some of the bedrooms at the wedding fayre, and then we booked it! Communication from staff was fantastic, always replied promptly to any of my emails or phone calls. As for the wedding day, everything ran so smoothly again thanks to Andrew and his staff through their knowledge and expertise. Nothing was too much trouble and the atmosphere was so relaxed, knowing everything was just as and where it should be on the day. My wedding day was perfect. The hotels private jetty is an added bonus, a boat arrived to pick the wedding party up straight from the hotel for a cruise around the lake. The staff even chilled our champagne for the trip which we had brought with us. We had 3 small children with us, the settings are amazing for children to explore, and again staff were brilliant with them. Food was lovely, we had 8 rooms booked and every one was a decent size with a lovely big bathroom and amazing view. We are looking forward to returning for our 1st wedding anniversary.

1 Thank Louise K
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you so much for your lovely review, and it means so much to us that we made your day so special for you both. We look forward to you spending your Anniversary with us to relive those magical moments.