“Fantastic Break with Outstanding service”

Langdale Chase Hotel
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Windermere
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Break with Outstanding service”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

I'd just like to say thank you to all the staff at the Langdale Chase for making my stay on Thursday 27th March truly memorable. On arrival I was greeted by the General Manager Andrew Tighe and once booked in he showed me to my room. It had a lovely large double bed strewn with decorative pillows, fresh towels were laid out and the size of the en suite bath room was fantastic. The range of toiletries was very good also, no cheap stuff in there!
We decided to go out for lunch and was recommended a pub in a nearby village by the Manager and very good it was too! Later on we tried to get a taxi off into Ambleside for drinks however there was an hour wait. Because of the the hotels Assistant Manager ( I think he is called Benjamin Derr ) offered to take us in his own private car. He dropped us off and didn't even expect us to cover his petrol costs, what a guy.
Over all I can't fault this jewel of a hotel in such beautiful surroundings. As Arnold Schwarzeneggar once said..... I'LL BE BACK !

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank 666Happy_Traveller12
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review following your stay with us on Thursday night. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and you found your room lovely. We are only too pleased to offer an additional service, when you struggled to get a taxi and I will pass on your thanks to Ben, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel vey soon.

Andrew Tighe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
manchester england
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Returned for a double celebration and the manager Andrew Tighe due to my criticism about no staff acknowledging our previous anniversary he asked me to email him and then he rang me , but nothing changed and he even spoke to me after our stay but he couldn't explain why he'd bothered to contact me as again no staff made any effort to say happy birthday to me or my wife.it is a beautiful hotel in a beautiful location but just falls short due to the little things that separate the wheat from the chaff.I had to send my steak back as it was cold and then was burnt ! Also we took our own champagne glasses and one went missing, the staff had removed it from the room !! Plus we were overcharged.We did enjoy our stay,the breakfasts and staff are great .

Room Tip: We had room 7 it was nice , however the view was a tad obstructed and the curtains tatty and they ch...
3 Thank fennerjames
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for your review, all in all I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, but as explained to you upon departure yesterday we were not aware of your joint birthdays.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Firstly i have never left a review before, but i felt complled to after my experience here.
Im only leaving one star for the building itself and the setting/location. Which undoubtably is beautiful.
Me and my fiancée went here at the weekend for a consultation- to consider the langdale chase as a potential wedding venue. We met with the wedding coordinator ' who immediately told us to get up as he was ready to start the tour. He rushed us around the hotel and shoved a brochure in our hands and asked us if we had any questions all the information was in the brochure. He kept going back to the bar and serving people I between 'talking' to us.It was clear to him that we had a lot of questions and went we asked him he just looked frustrated and kept saying 'like I've said before all the info in is the brochure.' he clearly was not interested in helping us and kept coming back to us us saying that's it guys like he wanted us to leave. Then just disappeared and didn't come back! He didn't even say goodbye or offer his business.

It's such and shame as we completed fell in love with the building and it ticked all the right boxes. With this in mind we went back the next day- to look at the grounds again. The coordinator spotted us (two people willing to spend good money on a wedding clearly interested in the Langdale Chase) and he completely blanked us!! Unbelievable.

We then asked reception if we could have a look at a couple of rooms as they had none to show us the day before and they said they didn't have time to show us but then gave us the MASTER key to the rooms and told us to go and look ourselves and shouted out a a few room numbers (we could have been anyone giving Randoms a master key-watch your belongings there!!) if it wasn't for the terrible customer care this place would be idealic.

I would never trust my close family and friends in these people's care. Be warned.

8 Thank 938Lou
I personally feel this review is completely unnecessary, both of the Wedding Coordinators are professionally trained, offer great customer service, as the reviews on here will demonstrate to anyone reading this. This review is hurtful and to say that he completely blanked you is untrue as I was next to him when he said hello and acknowledged your presence.

Looking at hotel bedrooms is a personal experience and to say comments like you have said about the staff and hotel is slanderous and the great reviews that we have about the weddings at the hotel will show that this person clearly has an axe to grind with either the hotel or the Management team.

Maryport, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel and its surroundings are stunning, very welcoming and friendly staff. Booked for afternoon tea for 6 adults for a 75th birthday celebration but must say was quite disappointing.
4 small triangle of sandwiches per person, all ready made and no option to choose own variety. Cakes consisted of mini Eclairs, warm scones (no butter) but jam and cream, and a dry sliced fruit loaf and gingerbread.
Those who had tea had one pot between 5 of them and was only luke warm, no one came to ask if we needed more or was everything ok.
Poor value for money, would be better to have a sandwich and sweet from menu.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank cherylyn h
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Thank you for your review, and I am sorry to read that we let you down on your visit to the hotel for a special afternoon treat. I will be looking further into the problems you encountered, especially with the tea, as the pots we serve are a pot suitable for 6 people which also comes with a pot of boiling water, I am a bit bewildered about it only being luke warm when it arrived as it is served directly from a hot water boiler. With afternoon tea, in any hotel, a wide selection of sandwiches are made to give great variety, but if there was a specific type you wanted one of the team would have been happy to change them for you. Again I am sorry that you encountered these problems, but I do hope this will not put you off visiting us again in the future.

Cumbria
Reviewed March 18, 2014

A relaxing three days spent at The Langdale. The weather was kind to us and the views from every available window superb. Our room was truly amazing and the staff that we came in contact with were all lovely and very helpful. We booked a special deal of 2 nights DBB with the 3rd night free on a B&B basis. We had room service one night and the food was excellent. Would we stay again? Yes, Yes, Yes

Room Tip: Could not possibly tell you which we room had as we will never be able to book it again if everyone...
1 Thank retiredgreyhound
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review following your stay on our fantastic Winter Wonderland package. It really is great value for money, we look forward to your return to the hotel in the future.

Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for two nights, together with my sister and brother in law March 10/11. We had purchased a voucher allowing us Bed breakfast and evening meal on selected dates. What a fabulous deal, so much so before leaving the four of us bought two more for a break later in the year. We were spoilt with beautiful weather which gave us the opportunity of enjoying the outside terrace with views over the lake. Food was good, the breakfasts especially. It meant a great deal to us that they welcomed our little dog, we were given the private dining room which meant we could relax even with the dog.
Thankyou also to the staff who were helpful and polite throughout. we will be back later in the year.

Room Tip: If you enjoy a shower be selective when booking your room and ask.
1 Thank DAWN M
AndrewTighe, General Manager at Langdale Chase Hotel, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay, I am so pleased that the team looked after you and your dog was accommodated for also. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon,

Hartlepool, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Visited here simply for an evening meal and relaxed with a few drinks in front of open fires before enjoying an informal dinner in the bar area. Meal was nice and prices reasonable. Staff where friendly and couldn't do enough to help.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard W
Thank you for your review and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your dinner, we look forward to you making a return visit to the hotel very soon,