“Its Hard To Describe The Hideaway!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hideaway Restaurant - CLOSED

The Hideaway Restaurant
Cuisines: British, Mediterranean, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Description: Modern British Food & Elegant Service in a Contemporary Victorian House. Please note the Restaurant is only open for Dinner on Friday & Saturday 13th/14th & 20th/21st February 2015.
Province of Mancunia
“Its Hard To Describe The Hideaway!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Well, i'm nearly lost for words, which is very very unlike me as i'm a regular reviewer on Tripadvisor;-)
Truly, The Hideaway deserves its number 1 status!
From start to finish, the whole experience of dining here is outstanding, from the moment you are welcomed at the door, to the time the hard part comes and you pay the bill.
The whole atmosphere of the place is one of calm and relaxation.
The menu and wine list are offered to you in the lounge, enabling you to choose in comfort.
Not being a wine drinker myself, i tend to go for bottled beers
I feel the dining experience would benefit from a greater selection here, there's nothing outstanding in the way of something different to tempt you.
The food, well what can i say that hasn't already been said in previous reviews.
The food was just perfect from start to finish, i've never eaten 5 courses where every single course was so packed with flavour.
The standout dish for me was the amuse bouche of cauliflower soup, one mouthfull wasnt enough, but then again, neither would a bowl full have been;-)
The triple cooked chips were probably the 2nd best chips i've ever had (i'm not disclosing where number 1 is, you'll all be motoring to a certain chippy in Pudsey next!) and went down great with the excellent duck.
Both of us had the panacotta for dessert, which was on a par with the best i have had.
Service was great, the staff polite, well mannered, and seemed to care that you enjoyed your experience.
Lisa herself is very welcoming and friendly and stopped at every table during service for a quick chat.
The final bill came to just over £80 which for the quality and service, was a bargain.
Would i recommend The Hideaway..................................MOST DEFINATLEY!!!!!!!
In fact, the next time we come to Windermere, i'm staying here, cos i gotta check out if the breakfast is just as good;-)

• Visited October 2012

Bolton, United Kingdom
“Nothing else will compare!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

We booked the Hideaway for a nice meal whilst staying in Windermere. from the moment we walked in we were made to feel like royalty! The food is absolutely exquisite, my Fiancé and I both agreed we had never in our lives had a nicer meal than we did on Saturday at Hideaway. It was just perfect from start to finish and I can't think of any negatives to say. Also I would like to thank the staff for being so professional and competent it was a breath of fresh air to say the least. The whole experience was wonderful and I cannot wait to return, I am so thankful I came across this little gem!! A*

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Natalie B
Stafford, United Kingdom
“This is a restaurant you shouldn't 'Hideaway' from!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I'll be the first to admit that I always have good intentions of reviewing a place or restuarant once I have visited but once I'm back to the mundane 9-5, all enthusiasm seems to disappear. However, on this occasion, my other half and I had such a phenomenal dining experience at The Hideaway over the weekend that I had to put finger to mouse.

Last week we booked a spur of the moment weekend dash to Windermere, and wanting to ensure we had somewhere yummy to eat on the Saturday evening, I headed straight to my first port of reference - Trip Advisor. The Hideaway popped up first with a rating of 5 out of 5, and having read all the rave reviews, I immediately booked a table. We were rather excited for our impending meal so headed to the restuarant for about 8pm, as advised, for drinks prior to our table booking at 8.30pm. From our B&B, the restaurant was only abut a 6 minute walk and as soon as we walked up to it I loved the cosy, romantic look of the place.

We were immediately greeted by a lovely chap who welcomed us into the lounge area where we had our drinks order taken and whilst relaxing on massive comfy sofas we were able to choose our meal for the evening. Although, we must admit this took us longer than we thought as we could have ordered everything!

We were then shown to our table which was located in the dining area next to the lounge. The lighting was fabulous in here and there was such an intimate feel to the place. Although, there was plenty of gentle chatter going on so we didn't feel like we had to whisper. We opted for the 5 course option, and well, what can I say...every mouthful was delicious! I can honestly say I have never had a meal like it. Every morsel was packed full of flavour and was beautifully presented. The fact that everyone else's plates were empty in the room said it all!

As well as the meal it self being very well priced, the drinks menu also matched. No over priced bottles of plonk, just a great selection at reasonable prices. We even treated ourselves to an after dinner drink back in the lounge...we just didn't want to leave. Of course the fact the staff were also fabulously warm and welcoming with a great sense of humour helped!

All in all I can't recommended this gem of a restuarant enough. If I could give it more than a 5 rating I would - we will definitely be back, and I can't wait!

Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Fantastic meal, great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We had a truly excellent meal at the Hideaway during our stay and would highly recommend it - we will be returning! Every course was absolutely delicious, the service was impeccable and we felt it was very good value too.

Not to be missed, and even better if you spend the night in one of their lovely rooms afterwards!

Visited September 2012
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Wonderful and Friendly Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

The title says it all, came here to celebrate my Mothers Birthday a few weeks ago and was simply wonderful!

Visited August 2012