“We went back and will be back!”

Brambles Tea Rooms and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 2 Dessert in Windermere
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stumbled upon Brambles on a frosty day in February with our 2 sons and was made to feel at home by the lady owner who handed my sons the dominoes and pointed out the newspapers and magazines for me and my husband. We had cooked full English with tea and toast and it was just perfect and excellent value for money. We even walked from Bowness one day just to go back to Brambles and my sons had the biggest hot chocolates ever with cream and marshmallows on top. Very friendly and outstanding service.

1  Thank LesleyAsh

Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

A really lovely cafe with super friendly staff. We often pop in and the standard of service and food is always consistent.

1  Thank Jackieireton
Reviewed January 6, 2013

One of only 2 establishments open on new years day afternoon as far as we could see. We had walked into Bowness that morning from Windermere, taken a ferry up to Brockhole, had a walk around then decided to walk back into Windermere for a late lunch. Brambles was quite full, but, luckily enough we managed to get a seat inside and were welcomed by the friendly owners. My husband had a jacket with chilli, I had a toasted sandwich, we both then ordered cakes (thinking they would be small slices, wrong they were massive portions), and, drinks. I must admit my latte was the best I've ever tasted, including the coffee shop chains, I ended up ordering another one. This cafe is well worth visiting, it is clean, friendly, and, very reasonably priced indeed.

1  Thank amberpop
Reviewed December 3, 2012

The chief attraction here is the warmth of the welcome and the quality of the hospitality. Each visitor is treated as a long-lost friend, so it's not surprising that they appear to have a number of frequent guests among the locals.

I went there twice during my recent week in Windermere. Basically the place sells decent home-made grub at a fair price. To be honest, on my first visit the quality of the offering didn't hugely impress me; the fruit cake was a bit dense and dry, while the cappuccino was lukewarm and bland. However, because of the excellent ambience, I returned for breakfast a few days later and was more than happy. Although modestly sized, the cooked breakfast was just right to set you up for a day's walking, and the free, proactive refills of filter coffee were very much appreciated.

The unwelcoming staff at the Lighthouse nearby could learn a lot about customer care from the proprietors of Brambles!

1  Thank pawprint2000
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Lovely place to grab a cuppa and a cake which I had yesterday. Today I had a late lunch of red pepper and tomato soup for £5. The nicest soup ive had in a long time and at a bargain price! One of the only places I found with reasonable prices and I would definitely recommend it.