“Lovely food, lovely service, lovely experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hooked

Hooked
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Windermere
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Fantastic range of seafood, cooked fresh to order. Menu changes daily depending on what comes in from the local supplier in Fleetwood.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, lovely service, lovely experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

After looking at reviews on here our expectations were high.

I originally emailed for a booking as I saw that it books up early. Michael (the owner) tried calling me a few times to arrange my booking but I was busy, the fact he tried calling more than once would have you believe that they need the custom. However, you'd be wrong. They were fully booked when we arrived, so thank you Michael for your persistence! :)

Now, the food was lovely, we shared muscles to start, then I had sea bass whilst my fiancée had hake. Washed down with a lovely white wine (the wine list is superb!). & to finish we shared a cheese board & I had a delicious vintage port.

We weren't rushed in the slightest, could have stayed there all night, but we wanted to go & watch the football!

Thank you for a great evening Michael (& your staff). We will definitely recommend to friends & family.

1 Thank MichaelC84

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Had the best ever fish meal, beautiful taste and cooked to perfection. Staff so helpful and polite. Definitely need to book. Wish we had a restaurant like this by us.

Visited April 2014
Lancaster, England, United Kingdom
“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

First time can't fault it. Second time felt rushed. Although it wasn't that busy. Same menu although it we went for the second meal nearly a year later. Missed my partners drink and brought mine only. Waited about 10 minutes before we had to comment. Food was cooked well but nothing new or exciting to offer. For a menu that relies on daily fish I expected more. Shame, but we won't be back!!!

2 Thank million_don_baby
Thirsk, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Visited Hooked on Tuesday and wasn't disappointed one bit amazing service very friendly and the food totally out of this world I fully recommend this restaurant to everybody I will be returning back very soon

Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Tasty gluten free food, warm welcome too”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I had spotted 'Hooked' on trip advisor whilst researching our weekend away in Windermere, without realising just how close to the town centre it was.
We drove by and called to see if they had a table free that evening & luckily for us, they fit us in.
Note I say fit us in - not squeezed - as we were there quite early and it was quiet, yet passers by we're being turned away. This showed us that the kitchen staff weren't being overloaded with orders and were giving all their attention to the ones they had, and it sure did show in the quality of the food! It was great not to feel rushed.
Being coeliac, I was reassured by the friendly owner that I could have almost anything on the menu made gluten free for me.
The food was tasty, plentiful and hot. The wine was delicious and cold.
Well worth booking, but not so much if you're vegetarian - I didn't see anything on the menu that wasn't seafood (except desserts. If you're veggie, just go for the desserts and wine anyway)